Look What UPS Just Delivered!

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Gonna replace damaged panels on the car. Where do I get shielding gas and cylinder? They are much cheaper online. I've see a size 3, 80cf bare cylinder for $192. Full for around $230-$240 from same supplier. Any suggestions, experiences with and suppliers?

IMG_20200811_190356.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful ordering online. Even if it come full not all places will exchange or fill tanks that aren’t branded with their logos. The supply shops say it’s something to do with DOT but idk.

I have a local welding shop. They will exchange most any crap bottle and give me a fresh refurbished one. I have about 6 bottles so I never worry about running out.

Got mine online off ebay from Praxair. What's funny about this is that my local Westair Praxair dealers price on the same exact 80 cubic foot empty bottle was almost $100 more than buying it on evilbay, and getting it shipped. I showed em on ebay where Praxair was selling it cheaper there. The dude shrugged his shoulders and said just buy it there, and we will fill it for you. See what bottle your local airgas shop is willing to fill if you buy the empty online. As long as it's a regular DOT rated and stamped cylinder with a current hydro test stamped on it, I dont see why they wouldent fill it.

Definitely buy local if can. The bottle will be certified and whenever you need to exchange it there won't be a problem with an out of date bottle.
By the way nice choice in welder. I've got the 210mvp and it performs way better than the Lincoln I had.

Gonna replace damaged panels on the car. Where do I get shielding gas and cylinder? They are much cheaper online. I've see a size 3, 80cf bare cylinder for $192. Full for around $230-$2400 from same supplier. Any suggestions, experiences with and suppliers?

View attachment 1715576560
At first i thought that car the welder is on its a 66/7 belvedere but the top of the fender is too narrow.

The lines on the fender are real pronounced, what is that car??

I bet it was at least a day late. They've been running three days late around here.

At first i thought that car the welder is on its a 66/7 belvedere but the top of the fender is too narrow.

The lines on the fender are real pronounced, what is that car??
It's a '71 Duster. There's another car in the pic too. Thanks for all the replies. I think I will buy local to be sure I can get the tank filled.

That is a nice home welder, I have one.
Before you do any welding with it buy a big spool of wire, it feeds way smoother than the small diameter spools.

Just got off the phone with Airgas. I can get a full 80cf cylinder for $230. It's on the way home from work so it's all good.

Why do you guys care about a disagree button so much? It does NOTHING. Whatever you all do don’t go to Reddit lol.
Just curious as to why he disagrees with my comment saying the welder that HE bought was a good one. If it were my site I would take the red X down. A thumbs down is a better choice.

Just curious as to why he disagrees with my comment saying the welder that HE bought was a good one. If it were my site I would take the red X down. A thumbs down is a better choice.
I mean just because someone disagrees doesn’t mean either party is right or wrong they just don’t agree with the other opinion. There was another guy that went on a huge temper tantrum in an air compressor thread because I disagreed with him. Seems like some take things on the internet a bit to personal at times when nothing is personally said or done.

-
Back