LOOKEY LOOKEY what I found

-

muddacres

Reaction score
I found this at Pick A Part to day. 1961 Valiant 4 cyl diesel 3 speed standard right hand drive. Ok you FABO guys down under tell more about what this is. what a FIND!!!!!!:wav:

Attachments

• 0412141255.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 416
  • 0412141256a.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 0412141255a.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 0412141255b.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 0412141256.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 419
What a hoot that thing is.

Wasn't that discussed just a short while ago?

Would be a one of a kind if someone did get it.

I did buy it going to pull it next week. had to do a lot of talking to get them to hold it. I'm excited to get it home....

Is that diesel a factory install or did someone rob it out of a forklift and swap it in?

Ok, so two people said run away? Im curious why? It looks cool as hell.

Its an ugly a$$ed early valiant thats right hand drive. Theres tons of these over in australia. Somebody stuck a 4 cylinder perkins diesel in it.

Go ahead drag it outta there and put a ton o money in it to restore it, at this point you still have a worthless ugly turd that you emptied your bank account to fix, not to mention wasting your time fixing it up.

The early valiants are good for one thing, thats the frame mounted steering box if your building a chrysler kit car replica as the steering box used was an early valiant framerail mounted one.

Just my .02
Matt

Ok, so two people said run away? Im curious why? It looks cool as hell.

It's a money pit, and even if you spent the 10's of thousands you'd need to bring back to life, you'd still have a white elephant (and I don't mean a Hemi).

The car will cost far more than it will ever be worth.

Resale value, especially with that drive train will be nil or nearly so (unless you're fortunate enough to find an even bigger sucker.

While it is an odd ball, and no one likes an odd ball more that I do, this one is also a POS, that will never be worth more than the cost of a set of tires, a tank of gas, and and a good shrink visit.

With the RH drive set up, many states will not even allow you to register the car, unless you have it converted to LH drive. That is very expensive, too.

The engine in this particular beast is an industrial engine, really not meant for street use.

I, wholeheartedly, discourage ANYONE from considering this purchase, and would consider anyone who does an unfortunate victim of brand loyalty, very poor judgement, and a seller that knows there's a sucker born every minute.

In my opinion that car is sitting precisely where it needs to be, on someone else's property.

I did buy it going to pull it next week. had to do a lot of talking to get them to hold it. I'm excited to get it home....

Jim, what have you been smoking? I saw that car in there last week and just did a cursory look and couldn't think of a better home for it than where it sat.

On the other hand, I'd be kidding you if I didn't say that when you got it home I wouldn't come down and take a look at it and hear what you have planned for it.
And like most, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have fun watching you put it back together.

I didn't see this post when I made my last post. Here's hoping I'm wrong, for your sake.

I did like this comment, though... "...had to do a lot of talking to get them to hold it..." How many other offers did he have on it?

Use it for parts and put the diesel into another early valiant ya that be cool as hell lower it flat black black steeliness ya ya ya I can see it now

Laugh out loud cool find I like it

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Also it's your money do wat u want with it and don't listen to anyone

Other than the wife of course listen to her less painful that way

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Also it's your money do wat u want with it and don't listen to anyone

Other than the wife of course listen to her less painful that way

I know if I listened to my wife , I wouldn't even own a wrench , and I would be forced to play bingo all weekend

but instead , I have my toys , and can she can either deal with it or kick rocks

I only bought the engine and transmission. You are all saying it's not worth anything. I can call and ask for my money back and I'm sure that they will say you got credit at the yard.:wav:
Jim

-
Back