Lookin' for 12's

-
mikesduster said:
tony,i should of said it THIS way....i cross the end at 6500 but im ALL DONE at 6200 which im at the 1000' mark. :shaking:

when you are reving a 6200RPM....how fast is your car going? and what speed are you going at 3000RPM

Mike doesnt know yet..lol. And still that pic Mike? I thought we discussed that..lol.

Anyway, you have a few things. first..If you make more power, and you cant floor it now, what do you hope to gain? faster tire wear? Your mph is in the 12s already. You cant floor it, and the carbs I'm guessing are not reacting well to the 1/2 throttle launch. I would suggest spending some quality time tuning your suspension, and replace the 3.55s with something like 3.91s (street use) or 4.30s(ET) I think the convertor is fine for the cam and setup, but you must be able to floor it out of the hole. The car can do this, but you need to set things up..Wah tis your pinion angle? Wear is the snubber in relation to the floorpan? are the springs still holding the car up, or do you have air shocks? Bushings all original?

i have a similar setup but a 360 i put the whole caltrac setup on my car -my base 60 ft run was 2.141 after the caltracs setup my 60 ft was 1.758 dynoed at 253.0 HP to rear wheels and 369 max torque TRY CALTRACS you`ll be HOOKED

-
Back