Looking at 1 of 1 67 Formula S

-

frank58638

Reaction score
I have found what appears to be a one of one project. Pretty rough but rarity is always intriguing. 67 barracuda convertible formula s 383 auto. From what I have read there is only one and this is it. Documentation is there and I sure cannot find any others. Problem is how do you value a car that is one of one? Already looking at part availability and cost. My body shop guy is also intrigued. I am believer in cars are meant to be driven not just put on display or parked 99% of the time.Thoughts?

How about some pics of this puppy?? ID love to see what you're looking at!! Geof

Well they built more than one formula S 383 Barracuda convertible

Maybe with the options that one has or color but check old cars price guide and see what it shows

Seen one at Carlisle several years back that was dark blue and beautiful.

So what makes this one of one?

We need pictures

My brother had a white 69 GTS with white interior and red stripe 383 auto 3.91 gear, I have yet to see another one like it, have talked to Galon and other experts if they have ever seen one like it. So everyone says no never seen one, I'm thinking it was a one of one. It was a beautiful car but a damn tornado dropped a wall on it in the mid 70's

9 1967 convertibles formula s 383 built. 8 manual 1 auto. This is the auto. Owner says covered up for a few years. Is going to uncover send me pics. Then I will check it personally if looks like interesting project.

All 67 Barracuda's w/383 were Formula-s models you couldn't get them any other way.

is it white (WW1) with a red interior (H6R)? if not, I know of another one.

I have doc on 4 383 convertible 3 4-spd and 1 auto as described above. I fully believe there was more than 1 vert 383 auto and more than 9 in total. With that said I would also say they are still VERY rare.

"Problem is how do you value a car that is one of one?" well even the few of the supposed 9 cars that have been restored are having issues (NOT Selling) moving in the 70k range and they have more than that in them. So it is not hard to come to a real number when fully completed.

Car has not been listed for sale anywhere at this time. Just lucked upon info. Will find out color soon. But i did receive interesting documentation. Owner had been a Mopar enthusiast. Will post pics when I get them. I am looking to make a driver out of it not a show car as that is what I like to do to all cars I have had. I have not had a convertible for awhile.

if the car is "all there", it would not cost anymore for any part of a rebuild basically than any other "car". O K SO A VERT HAS A TOP. my point is so its rare, desirable. that's great...... what turns me off is the guy that spent $70 000 restoring the rare car, and now he wants to turn it and can"t get his investment back!
I like seeing guys be able to buy said rare desirable car for what it is ACTUALLY worth as a project, and then he restores it, drives it, keeps it, does all the work himself he is capable of,is proud of it......
maybe some things can be blamed on Barret Jackson?? or peoples egos and greed!??? LOL
subscribed

If I was you I would get on Barrett Jackson's website and look at their records and see how much a car comparable to yours went for and then add 10,000 since it's an auto.

Deduct for auto. Any 60's '-70's hot rod is worth about 25% + more if it has a manual transmission. Rule of thumb but pretty accurate.

If I was you I would get on Barrett Jackson's website and look at their records and see how much a car comparable to yours went for and then add 10,000 since it's an auto.

Barret Jackson is HARDLY a guide when pricing a "rare" mopar. you get a couple rich drunken idiots that engage in a bidding war and they both want to show their nuts. that's how you end up with a 3,000,000,000,000 dollar cuda convertible.

If all you want is a driver, buy a slant 6 vert and build that like you want it.

Yep,I have a 68 / conv if you would rather have a "driver"!!!

Barret Jackson is HARDLY a guide when pricing a "rare" mopar. you get a couple rich drunken idiots that engage in a bidding war and they both want to show their nuts. that's how you end up with a 3,000,000,000,000 dollar cuda convertible.

I guess I need to work on my sarcasm.

....or buy it hack it up and scrap it.

It is a rare car but that does not make it worth more. The 4 speed ones will sell for more money.

Well in the next two posts I have posted some photos of 2 of the supposed eight 67 formula S 383 conv 4 speeds. They were at this years Carlisle. What do you think?

Carl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 435
Well it appears as if the photos require too much memory to post more than one pic per post so I'll spread them out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 443
-
Back