Looking at 1 of 1 67 Formula S

-
I'm trying to send the 13 photos I have but can't figure out how to position them correctly and upload them more than one at a time. I think they are just too big for the post. Sorry

Carl

I'm trying to send the 13 photos I have but can't figure out how to position them correctly and upload them more than one at a time. I think they are just too big for the post. Sorry

Carl

If you want, shoot me a PM for my email address and I'll post 'em for you, Carl.

some people would argue that the super "rare" and desirable cars deserve a full pro resto and generally that requires the money guy. and therefore are saved for future generations to enjoy. we are caretakers, be it old cars, farms, and $$$. we ain't gonna take it with us!?? LOL
like ole rusty the rat says, if ya want a big block driver, buy a slant and build ya one in ya garage!!!! X2

Current owner working on pics and going through boxes. . Like I said car Is rough but all there. # matching. Car was decoded by name i recognize. Owner has certicard. Looking for build sheet. Some of the build code info in long letter she has, 27 - convertible, 62 - 383 4 bl, 5 - Torque lite automatic, 28 - 70 14 red streak tires, 518 production date. MB interior blue, P8 roof bright metallic blue N8 body bright metallic blue. Same "expert" in another letter said most loaded 67 383 he has seen and it appears to be some unusual special order. I can't wait to get rest of info.

Do your homework, do your homework, do your homework! With everything you have said, just make sure you know what you are buying.

From Carl (LovetheA's)...

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 394
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 360
  • photo 3.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 378
  • photo 3 (2).JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 360
  • photo 3 (1).JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 381
  • photo 2.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 367
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 364
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 369
  • photo 1.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 396
  • photo 1 (2).JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 387
And the last bunch...

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 365
  • photo 5 (1).JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 367
  • photo 5.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 368
Hmmm, my understanding was that the surviving records for 1967 do NOT break down production by body style, engine and transmission together.

So, you can find out that there were X number of Barracuda convertibles, and that there were Y number of 383 Formula S Barracudas, and Z number of automatic transmission Barracudas, but there is no way to prove how many convertibles had both a 383 and an automatic.

Here is a summary of the known information:

Attachments

• 1967 Barracuda Production copy.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 361
That's the same info I found as well, but if I posted it, somebody would argue me into the fuggin ground.

I have picture of one from Carlisle 1999. I will see if I can find them

I spoke to a guy at Spring Fling that said he had one of these cars back in the day. I wish I had his contact info, and I think I have a picture of the car he brought there (it was nice). He might like to perhaps be reunited with his car. Seems easy enough since they were so rare. He said he regretted getting rid of it, but back then (gas crunch) people dropped these cars like flies.

Well all, I have been in touch with the owner of the car and have seen the pics! Since everybody has their own opinion on what you would think its worth, I highly doubt it will be listed here! The owner wasn't exactly welcome with open arms after listing another car, and I for one wouldn't blame the owner for not sharing this one here!!

Is it rare?? You bet!! Does it need work? You bet!! But its the kind of car that is worthy of restoring! It has all of the hard to find parts already, still in place and not molested! As for 4 speeds being worth more...the 4 speed was standard on these cars and the auto was an option! Not many people chose to option a car with an automatic back then as it wasn't considered "tried and true" as it is today! Value being based on rarity, this car is much more rare than the 4 speed cars it shares the world with! More desireable??? Only if you prefer an auto over a 4 speed! To blanket state that 4 speeds will always be worth more than autos does not take into account the rarity of this car!!!

I'm sure if it is listed here it will be judged the same way as the other car!! Whether it gets listed or not, just please try to be helpful and kind, and hold your opinions to yourself, unless of course you have accurate and informative knowledge of the value of this particular model and its rarity!! I may have to go there myself to accurately access the car and help list it, then you can bash me instead of the owner!! Geof

lol. i smell "money" is at the bottom of this whole mystery, debate, whole owner being skiddish, supposed rarity, 1 of 1 claims, etc.

your money is best spent somewhere else. if you think you will get rich off this car or somethin well i'm happy for your excitement.

it's probably worth restoring but i guarantee you that you will have to pay to play.

there are 1 of 1 suckers born every day

The problem with saying 1 of 1 or 1 of 2.... these cars could be ordered from a list of options. Meaning if you break almost any car down to it's options it could be a 1 of 1 car. It all depends on how many options you want to go through.

1 of 1000 Dodge Dart R/Ts Built
1 of 400 Built with a 440
1 of 200 Built with a 4 speed
1 of 75 That was Painted Purple
1 of 30 That had a Crap Brown Interior
1 of 13 That had head rests
1 or 6 That had a blue dash pad
1 of 1 That had cup holders

*The above is a fictionalized example*

lol. i smell "money" is at the bottom of this whole mystery, debate, whole owner being skiddish, supposed rarity, 1 of 1 claims, etc.

your money is best spent somewhere else. if you think you will get rich off this car or somethin well i'm happy for your excitement.

it's probably worth restoring but i guarantee you that you will have to pay to play.

there are 1 of 1 suckers born every day

Well, that kind of statement is the exact reason that the owner will probably not list it here! Too bad too, because this is the place the car should find a good home!! Actually, nothing could be further from the truth than the above statement!! The owner never said it was a one of one anything, that was the OP of the thread! The owner is also not looking for a "payday" on this car, only help in accurately accessing what it is, what is there, what it needs, and how to go about pricing it to sell to someone that wants it!

I'm sure the above statement will go a long way towards that goal, thanks for posting it! It was very helpful!!! Geof

When anybody says "1 of 1" they should be ready to prove it if they come here bragging about it. And that's exactly what he's doin. Braggin about it, hopin to stir up some potential buyer with more money than sense. Everybody else throws their stuff in the for sale section. It's FREE ADVERTISEMENT. Yes, people make comments, but the mods do a good job of keeping the trash talk out.

This is the GENERAL FORUM, Geof. If anybody's gonna come in here claimin they gotta "1 of 1" of something they should be ready to back it up. There are a LOT of guys on here.....including yourself, Geof, who have gone above and beyond trying to help someone only to find out that the person was fake, the car was total BS or both. Lots of people on here know these cars forwards, backwards, inside and out. ToolManMike is one of the first to come to mind. That guy constantly lends his knowledge to people who may as well be total strangers. He's not the only one, either. We get a little pissed off when we throw info out and find out something is not legitimate.

Glad you talked to the guy. I hope you made a new friend. But don't come back on here basically bad mouthin the rest of us because you think we've made a hostile environment. He started that when he said "1 of 1". If he has documentation, put up or shut up. I want to see the thing just cause of the cool factor. But as usual in these cases, nothing has substantiated.

No one here has asked for anything out of the way. If the guy wants help, give us some proof, we'll all chip in. If not, then down the road motors. That's how I see it.

Attitudes are contagious.

Some are worth catching....others, well...not so much.

Sounds like a very interesting car, hope more info and maybe a few pics get posted.

When anybody says "1 of 1" they should be ready to prove it if they come here bragging about it. And that's exactly what he's doin. Braggin about it, hopin to stir up some potential buyer with more money than sense. Everybody else throws their stuff in the for sale section. It's FREE ADVERTISEMENT. Yes, people make comments, but the mods do a good job of keeping the trash talk out.

This is the GENERAL FORUM, Geof. If anybody's gonna come in here claimin they gotta "1 of 1" of something they should be ready to back it up. There are a LOT of guys on here.....including yourself, Geof, who have gone above and beyond trying to help someone only to find out that the person was fake, the car was total BS or both. Lots of people on here know these cars forwards, backwards, inside and out. ToolManMike is one of the first to come to mind. That guy constantly lends his knowledge to people who may as well be total strangers. He's not the only one, either. We get a little pissed off when we throw info out and find out something is not legitimate.

Glad you talked to the guy. I hope you made a new friend. But don't come back on here basically bad mouthin the rest of us because you think we've made a hostile environment. He started that when he said "1 of 1". If he has documentation, put up or shut up. I want to see the thing just cause of the cool factor. But as usual in these cases, nothing has substantiated.

No one here has asked for anything out of the way. If the guy wants help, give us some proof, we'll all chip in. If not, then down the road motors. That's how I see it.

Well Rob, if you read the entire thread, you would quickly realize that the OP of this thread is not the owner, but the buyer! The owner has not made a claim that it is a one of one anything, in fact she didnt even know what it was until she uncovered it just a couple weeks ago!! Yep, I hope you caught that, the owner is a she!! She knows nothing about 1 of 1 anything, cannot find any information and probably wouldn't know how to put it all together anyway, given its a 67, and would like to come here looking for help! Thing is, the last time she did to list the other car, she was lambasted on the price, the originality, the condition, everything! How she got the price for the other car, I don't know, but she doesn't know the ins and outs of rarity, only what someone tells her its worth, or finding comparables, which, when you own 2 of the rarest cars is very hard to do! She sold the other car, but I don't think it was here due to the hostile attitude she received here! Instead of getting help and support, she got quite the opposite!

So yes, this is a general discussion, and discuss we must, but before someone posts something like the owner is looking for a payday, better know all the facts!! Nothing could be further from the truth!! And, if you actually knew and understood her circumstances, maybe you all would be a little more supportive and soft hearted!! Just sayin, Geof

Yep, I've seen all the documentation, the review from Galen, the magazine article from 1998 about this car, its legit, and it has some really cool options! When was the last time you saw one of these cars, and one with a blue convertible top??? I believe even Galen and the magazine mention that!!!

The numbers you have.....but dont forget they didnt always include cars made for the Canadian market or export. Most of the time the numbers are for only USA production and consumption only. :) Just say'in

-
Back