looking at cars need opinions

-
I agree with the others.......Engine plate...Tow bar tabs in the bumper.....

Looks like somewhat of a attempt for a drag car. If your looking for a streeter, i think a lot of redoing of things will be required. From a parts standpoint, there might be value in it, especially if the rear is a Dana...:-D.

"the bottom end was rebuilt about a year ago and the top end rebuilt about 6 months ago"

What about the middle such as pistons and rings?

As others have said... Pass and find a better car.

LittleRed's my son. You guys opinions will be better than mine. Ya know how kids like their parents opinions :banghead: :protest: :argue: besides most of ya have a lot more experience than I do. Thanks

LittleRed's my son. You guys opinions will be better than mine. Ya know how kids like their parents opinions :banghead: :protest: :argue: besides most of ya have a lot more experience than I do. Thanks

....Never mind, I thought he was the seller........

Go look at it! Ask for documentation on the work that was done. These cars are 30-40 years old. To find one that hasnt been molested good luck. IMO looks like a good starter but a bit high.

"the bottom end was rebuilt about a year ago and the top end rebuilt about 6 months ago"

What about the middle such as pistons and rings?

As others have said... Pass and find a better car.

That's part of bottom end. However, I don't know about the rest of you, but if I tear a motor apart I'm gonna take a little extra time to reprint and make it look a lot better than that. ESPECIALLY in a classic!

I say check it out in person. Main concern is how solid or not the body is. Does it have some good parts to it? 8 3/4 rear? SG?, Disc brakes? Run good? Take an impartial person with knowledge to get a fair opinion on the car.

How did they get the pistons out?

Pulling the crank to put bearings in. That's a fine time to do it, but I don't know about you. I would tear the whole thing apart if I were doing it lol why put worn heads on a refreshed block....

First you need to decide what you want; daily driver, occasional cruiser, show car, street & strip or all out racer. What sort of upgrade do you want? V8? Better condition? I think AC is a great upgrade.

I think you're looking for a cruiser or even a daily driver. Then any A-body with a 440 is a NO!

Since you have a car now you can take your time.

I'm looking for a daily driver so a 440 would be impractical, but I want it to have some nut. I'd love to find a 4 speed car.

-
Back