-
Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzoid

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I installed a drum to power disk conversion kit on my 1970 Valiant, and now my o.e. wheels won't fit over the calipers without spacers.

Looking for 5 on 4 wheels, 14x5 preferred to have identical fitment, but anything 14 or 15, and up to 8in wide. Just needs to anything other than be o.e. drum brake style to fit the calipers safely. So far the options online seem to be really sparse. If anyone has a set for sale, or can direct me to find some for reasonably cheap, it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

I just saw a for sale post for some 14x6 steels and they are in California.

I have a set of 4 sbp 14x4.5" wheels with good tires for $250. Located in San Jose.

You need to be careful here, as not all 14" wheels fit over disc brakes. Also, you failed to mention WHICH disc brake kit you have, as that makes a difference as well.

You need to be careful here, as not all 14" wheels fit over disc brakes. Also, you failed to mention WHICH disc brake kit you have, as that makes a difference as well.
Not sure which, as I bought it several years ago, I just know that it's sbp and my oems fit with a 1/2" spacer. So I imagine most wheels that are made with discs in mind will fit fine. Calipers aren't very large

Not sure which, as I bought it several years ago, I just know that it's sbp and my oems fit with a 1/2" spacer. So I imagine most wheels that are made with discs in mind will fit fine. Calipers aren't very large
Was kinda my point. How you gonna tell "which" wheels were "made with discs in mind"? That's why I said be careful. We might could help if you posted pictures of what you have.

post a picture of your calipers. That will help.
I have a 64 Fairlane I put a PST disc brake kit on it. I have 15" Torque Thrusts on it, and I had to put a 3/16" spacer on them for my wheels to clear
the calipers. I wanted as narrow a spacer as possible and had to get it on line because parts stores had 1/4" and 1/2" spacers. Test fit a particular wheel
before you go shooting in the dark. The installation of front disc brakes was the best thing I ever did for that car. I would have thought 15" wheels would
have provided ample clearance.

If you have the stock Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, stock '66-'72 14 X 5 1/2" regular steel wheels and '70-2 rally wheels will fit.

I installed a drum to power disk conversion kit on my 1970 Valiant, and now my o.e. wheels won't fit over the calipers without spacers.

Looking for 5 on 4 wheels, 14x5 preferred to have identical fitment, but anything 14 or 15, and up to 8in wide. Just needs to anything other than be o.e. drum brake style to fit the calipers safely. So far the options online seem to be really sparse. If anyone has a set for sale, or can direct me to find some for reasonably cheap, it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
I have 73 front discs on my 68 Barracuda and stock 14x5.5s clear just fine . But without knowing what “conversion“ setup you have we have no way of directing you .

I have 4 steel 5x4 14"x5.5" wheels sitting in my garage down in long beach. They were original to my 72 swinger with front Kelsey Hayes front discs. They are in good structural shape, but will definitely need to be blasted and refinished to look nice. I'd take $20 per wheel with the crap old tires on them or I'd have to see how much it would cost to have the old tires un-mounted.

I ship stuff for a living, so I could strap them to a pallet and get you a decent LTL rate to deliver them.

The factory 14" SBP wheels that will clear the K/H calipers have a raised area around the outer perimeter of the wheel center regardless of the wheels width. This is not the raised area around the hub for the hubcap but is between it and the edge of the wheel center where it joins the rim or hoop (as I've heard it called). If the bump is there they will clear. But as others have suggested, without knowing exactly which disc system you are running guaranteeing fit is not possible.

More than likely the 14 inch will not clear , because the inside of the hoop / band is 12.25 inches center of the wheel size. The small bolt steel wheels from Coker don't use a factory wheel center , they increased the center size to 13.25 inches , same as the big bolt wheels , so they can just use one size of bands / hoops. They did this a few years ago , I used to sell them from Specialty Wheel , before they were shutdown by Cover in 2020.

Frank / The Wheel Guy

I have 4 steel 5x4 14"x5.5" wheels sitting in my garage down in long beach. They were original to my 72 swinger with front Kelsey Hayes front discs. They are in good structural shape, but will definitely need to be blasted and refinished to look nice. I'd take $20 per wheel with the crap old tires on them or I'd have to see how much it would cost to have the old tires un-mounted.

I ship stuff for a living, so I could strap them to a pallet and get you a decent LTL rate to deliver them.
Convo started

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back