looking for a 68' fastback

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
(SOLD) Here is 1. Even wearing its original paint as well as all its original metal. Stripe is not original, that was added. Never patched, NO bondo to bleed through. ALOT nicer than some of the others ive seen lately. He took $13k w a fresh 68 X headed 340, TTI headers, 727 w 3200 stall, 8 3/4 w 3:55 posi unit, steel wheels w/ plymouth dog dishes, and drive shaft. Will be a sweet car when done.

Attachments

• DSC00163-1 (3).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 415
Its my fathers car. Last I knew $9k would own it. He is not real motivated to sell because he bought it w the intent of making a 340 formula S clone out of it. Only reason he is considering selling is because he has been experiencing some medical problems. He looked @ alot of junk before finding this car and knows it would be hard to replace unless you want to pay crazy money, or deal w rust. If someone shows him $9k they would own it. If someone trys to beat him down on the price he will say nice talking to you, have a nice day. Original Texas car, been in maine for about 5 years in a garage. Its a 318 904 w 7 1/4. Interior is like new. I have sent the info as well as about 30 pics to plumcrazy. Car has NEVER been advertised, just word of mouth, and people who see it usually end up wanting it. ill know better by the end of the day. He has someone looking @ it today @ 1:30 for $10k He brought his body man w him last Sunday and the guy couldnt believe the condition of the car, and the fact that it still was wearing its original paint. plumcrazy has 1st dibs if guy today dont pan out, seeing as he has been looking for a while, and has already been in contact w me and pops. Sorry plumcrazy, guy wouldnt be looking @ the car, but pops figured you were no longer interested

Well....there's this one.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/2866766296.html

Way over priced though. Was really nice when my Dad had it. I know much of it's early history (practicaly grew up in it) It's been out of the family for a few years now...

The 360 is pretty stout, all the trim, bumpers etc are there (or so I'm told). Dad tried to buy it back but the current owner seems aflicted by Barrett Jacksonitis and refused to budge. Maybe somebody else would have better luck? (I think the sentimentality card got played as well....)

Originaly that tannish/bronze color. Now it's Maroon/primer splotches. Black interior w/ buckets. no console. Colum shift. Originaly a 318, now the 360. I beleive it's big bolt fore and aft now as well.

We called it "The Gun fighter".....Dad has a thing for WWII fighters and a P-47 had that as nose art if I recall.

How about a 67 Notchback formula S ,four speed , 340 ,3.91 8 3/4 suregrip ? Not numbers matching but pretty nice ...

Would consider selling '68 Cuda fastback, Calif. car, all rebuilt, to much to list here. Let me know if interested and I can go over it with you. '68 340 (non-numbers matching), 727, 8.34, six pak, etc..........
Ron

Martin
Craig sent a nice pic of the Green 68 Fastback, I like you want a 68 Formula S Fastback, But I will settle for something a bit different until it comes around. Good luck to both of us. Talk to you later.
Dave

a little bump here.

There are cars out there. Some need a little push to come out. I dropped a talk to me on some but no response.

Honestly, the best car I have come across (and bought and sold) was the 68, 318 to Pettyblue.

How about a 67 Notchback formula S ,four speed , 340 ,3.91 8 3/4 suregrip ? Not numbers matching but pretty nice ...

thx Damraider.

A notch would have to be a really spectacular car to get me going. I'm willing to look if you want to send a couple of photos.
I do appreciate the offer! thank-you.

a little bump here.

There are cars out there. Some need a little push to come out. I dropped a talk to me on some but no response.

Honestly, the best car I have come across (and bought and sold) was the 68, 318 to Pettyblue.

Martin,

You still haven't found a Cuda yet!!!

I think you either have to lower your standards or raise your price range.

Good Luck Man.

sscuda

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back