[WANTED] Looking for a Big Block A body oil pan

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is starting to reproduce the 893 pan I saw one sale on eBay about a week ago. A member here bought it.

Reproducing.....I find that very hard to believe?????????????

What car is it for? What state r u in?

Last edited:
Reproducing.....I find that very hard to believe?????????????

What car is it for? What state r u in?
well believe it Dave I wouldnt knowingly post false info. check out the link

I gave Vans Auto in Wisconsin one of mine for the reproduction effort, saw the prototype at the Mopar Nats this year, so if it isn't out yet it will be shortly.

I have original ones . $600-$1000 ea
Maybe we have the original market cornered....i have several...lowest priced one is $400
Will not ship to Canada

Nothing like original.......go thru the trouble to repop and put a metric thread in it??????

Last edited:
Maybe we have the original market cornered....i have several...lowest priced one is $400
Will not ship to Canada

Nothing like original.......go thru the trouble to repop and put a metric thread in it??????

Dave you say you have several, could you post them and attach a price to them so I can see just what I would be getting , thanks Bob.

Yes the prototype had metric thread, that is probably the one you saw. Going forward they will have SAE thread as Vans also sells the oil pan screw too.

I seen it, It sold for 225.00 way to much with a Metric drain plug. That's a big mistake. Hopeful they fix it. Must be over seas, hopefully they will be cheap Chinese prices.

I seen it, It sold for 225.00 way to much with a Metric drain plug. That's a big mistake. Hopeful they fix it. Must be over seas, hopefully they will be cheap Chinese prices.

I won the auction on that pan. Quality seems good, metal thickness matches that of my factory 402 pan. The metric drain plug doesn't bother me as my car is not a factory big block car and the pan came with the appropriate drain plug. Most other new or reproduction a body compatable oil pans on the market cost more than $225 so I feel the price was fair.

Will sell this one for $450 shipped. In U.S.

IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

I hope they work out it will be nice to have an option for the pan verses the gold plated originals!

I don't know the part or stamping numbers your using BUT I do recall when I did a big block conversion in an a body (440 into 68 barracuda that was originally a 318) with Schmacher mounts they recommended using a C body oil pan and it worked.

Yep 187 works just fine for an A-Body bastard. There are no baffles in those pans, so it depends on what you are doing with it and if you plan on using a splash shield.

I want an 893 as well! But no way will I pay 1k for a decent original (used!) pan.

Moroso 7qt pans work just fine and last about 10-12 years before they rub through from contact on the right side. The extra capacity is a plus.

They are cheap.

Re-pop pans if they fix the threads are the way I will go. The one sold on E-Bay looked fine to me.

If you are trying to save money. 187 pan fits nice. And you can buy them for $100-$150 nice ones

I considered the 187 & 699 c body pan as an option for my project but really wanted an 893. This repro 893 popped up at the perfect time. I have not been able to find an oil capacity chart for the 893 pan, guessing it's 5 quarts with the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back