Looking for a quality engine machinist and builder

-

Drmanic

Reaction score
I'm from Northern Illinois and it's that time of year to hopefully get some machine work and have me a shortblock built. Have a 360 and looking for some great shops around the area if available? Thanks

Not understanding what you are saying, Streamwood is in Northern Illinois, a north western suburb of Chicago...

Not 10 minutes from Wisconsin north like me.

You may need to travel a little bit to find a good quality machine shop and builder... One in your neighborhood may not do as good of a job... Quality is worth a little travel time.... Otherwise you get what you pay for or won't travel for....

There is a parts store with a machine shop close to me, but back in the 90's they did a valve job on a set of heads for me and those heads dropped a valve within 10,000 miles... I now use a guy in Dearborn Heights, Michigan who does great work and I have ran his heads for hundreds of thousands of miles on one valve job... It's worth it for me to go to Detroit for him to do my work as I know he does good work and I can trust him... He's done many sets of heads for me and they have all held together...

It's your car, your choice... Convenience in this case may not be the best option... I would go with someone who has good recommendation vs trying to find a guy next door....

If I was anywhere around Washington, Iowa I would try to use David Bruns at Mid America Racing Engines.

If I was anywhere around Washington, Iowa I would try to use David Bruns at Mid America Racing Engines.
When I first got this barracuda I originally had some shops I called. And like many. They were backed up pretty long.

there are a couple good shops in SE Wisconsin if you care to cross the border, but you might have to drive half an hour or more.

I'm probably taking mine to a shop about three hours from me, and I'm glad to have one that close that will work with me on my project.

-
Back