Looking for a quality liquid filled gauge

-

Texas Red

Old Flunky
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a quality liquid filled gauge for my fuel pressure regulator under my hood. The gauge would be A- 1/8" NPT back mount gauge with a 0-15PSI range. I purchased several from speedway and have had a 50% failure rate (with only a few hundred miles) guessing when purchased that the $29.00 price tag was really not a good choice. They not only have to withstand the vibration abuse but the heat is another factor as failure of this component could certainly lead up to a fire!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 2 of these fuel pressure set ups under my hood - One for the carburetor plus another fuel pressure regulator set up under my hood for my Nitrous Oxide set up on the gasoline side of my conventional plate so running any of these gauges from Speedway has me spooked.
Quality gauges in both of these applications is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!! The heat factor & vibration factors are major considerations. Please advise as to what brand etc....you are running
As always thanks in advance. Texas Red

Autometer. 5411 or 2603.
If those #s don't work, I'm sure they will have what you need.
(I'm using an Autometer isolator, and a mechanical fuel gauge in the interior.)
Even the quality gauges I I had on the outside cowl would fail at an unacceptable rate. The one on the dash, fed by isolator fluid, is at least fifteen years old, an autometer.

Last edited:
I am looking for a quality liquid filled gauge for my fuel pressure regulator under my hood. The gauge would be A- 1/8" NPT back mount gauge with a 0-15PSI range. I purchased several from speedway and have had a 50% failure rate (with only a few hundred miles) guessing when purchased that the $29.00 price tag was really not a good choice. They not only have to withstand the vibration abuse but the heat is another factor as failure of this component could certainly lead up to a fire!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 2 of these fuel pressure set ups under my hood - One for the carburetor plus another fuel pressure regulator set up under my hood for my Nitrous Oxide set up on the gasoline side of my conventional plate so running any of these gauges from Speedway has me spooked.
Quality gauges in both of these applications is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!! The heat factor & vibration factors are major considerations. Please advise as to what brand etc....you are running
Have you looked in McMasteer-Carr? There is a good chance they would have what you are looking for.

Have you looked in McMasteer-Carr? There is a good chance they would have what you are looking for.
I checked with McMaster Carr they can come up with a 1/4 " NPT thread but is rated at 390 Degrees.....
A special shout out to Valiant ......I am still looking & will take a look at Aeromotive. Thanks Texas Red

Holley makes one specifically designed for what you are doing. Back mount 1/8 national pipe liquid filled designed for fuel. Maybe Summit

I quit using those cheap assed, hard to read little gauges.

I bought an Autometer fuel pressure gauge and isolator. Worth every penny.

Zero luck with Autometer, had 3 of them go bad now.
I dont know what is going on with them, unless it is todays fuel. Every one of them have stuck and will not go back to zero.

Why does it have to be liquid filled? You just tryin to be fancy? I mean seriously, all I've ever used is the like 15 buck Mr Gasket and I've not had one fail in over 40 years. Got one right now on my truck and it's the last thing I worry about failing.

Reasons to Choose a Liquid-Filled Industrial Pressure Gauge - WIKA blog Wika makes what I have experienced in harsh industrial settings to be the best gauges out there. The liquid filled ones have serious advantages over dry gauges. The liquid also lubricates mechanical movement. I don't run my little 273 with no oil. You can buy the 0 to 15 liquid filled 1/8 NPT fuel Holley gauge for about 60 bucks from Summit.

Why does it have to be liquid filled? You just tryin to be fancy? I mean seriously, all I've ever used is the like 15 buck Mr Gasket and I've not had one fail in over 40 years. Got one right now on my truck and it's the last thing I worry about failing.
Yea but ya bought it 39 years ago before China!!!! :poke: :poke: :thumbsup: :confederateflag:

-
Back