Looking For Best Disc Brake Conversion Kit?

-

jeremylyniel

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my drum manual brakes to manual disc brakes on my 1967 Plymouth Barracuda. There are a lot of kits out there and I would like to get one with everything that I need to do the swap. Also, I would like to have a kit that I can still use stock front end parts.

Good idea Jeremy. There's lots of possibilities. You can search here on FABO for past posts. Good info. toolmanmike

SSBC is who i used for my 66 cuda reused spindles upper a arm ect. had to drill out existing holes in spindles well worth the money.

I just purchased a kit from ABS Power Brakes Inc. for my dart, you use the original spindles.
Nice set up, and she wo's when I say's wo's.

Kenny

You can also get a factory iron disc brake kit (based off of the 73-76 cars) complete from RiellyMotorSports.com Bill will set you up....

Hey Jeremy, I am in the brake business, I can set you up with a complete conversion from a place called The Right Stuff. The kit comes with new spindles, caliper brackets, backing plates, hoses, bearings, all bolts, calipers and brake pads and an adjustable valve. It also comes with new upper A arms with balls joints installed.

The parts are all 73-76 A body stuff. $800 for manual and $900 for power. For another $140 you get new pre-bent front brake lines, front to rear brake line, new rear axle, rear flex hose and a clip set. Upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors for $75. Also have rear kits too.

LMK if I can help. Marcel.

I agree with Tony. I'm using the Master Power disc brake kits on the front and back of my dart, and so far everything has gone together smoothly. Price was decent and came with everything I needed except fluid.

i like the stuff from "the House" myself but I'm not going racing either. Parts are available over the counter and relatively easy to get. Got 1981 Gran Fury 11.75 disc on the nose and 1995 Grand Cherokee discs on the butt.

i like the stuff from "the House" myself but I'm not going racing either. Parts are available over the counter and relatively easy to get. Got 1981 Gran Fury 11.75 disc on the nose and 1995 Grand Cherokee discs on the butt.

Do you have the 8.25 rear? How was the disc conversion on the back?

yup, 8.25 rear out of a 88 5th Ave and the disc conversion was pretty straightforward. Working on getting the parking brake hooked up to my Dusters setup.

-
Back