Looking for body guys who could help me out

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
I have a '73 Duster. I'm 16 and I'm trying to figure out a budget for my car.

I'd like to get my car painted. The quarters have a few bubbles on them but that's about it. There's small holes from the vinyl top trim that need to be filled in. I'd like to get the whole car (door jams, trunk, engine compartment, body) painted. How much would you charge?

A paint job at my shop, No sheet metal work, just straighten, block the car and paint with jams is going to cost around $3000

However once you start taking them apart and sanding things down your going to start finding things that need to be fixed.

We have a Chevelle that came in for a repaint. Its now getting new quarters and a dutchman panel.

$4500 at least, sorry paint and supplies run almost $1000 these days. Get the new car craft read the $783 paint job artical and try yourself.

My base price is $3500.00 thats a primer, block once, and paint. Not really fixing anything.

I used the eastwood stuff that they used in car craft and found it wanted to run, it can be very frustrating. The bumbles indicate rust that usually require patches. I would say expect to be in it 5k with 2 stage paint, at the very least.

you might be able to pick up some used equipment for a pretty good price, in this economy. and find some paint, my brother found some left over paint on craigslist for 15 bucks. Go to your local junk yard get a fender and a door, and practice, and you might have a knack for it.

im up to around 4000.00 now and that dont include materials. full repaint in black base/ clear is 1200.00. but that is dupont. you may be able to do better with some other brand but, not much. and like adam said you always find something else to fix.like jwilson13b said get an old panel and practice. i wish you were here, i could use a new apprentice!

The color of the paint makes a difference also. I chose a bright red and the paint alone was almost $1,000 with the total body shop bill of $6,000 which included some rust repair and install 2 new rear quarter panels. I removed most of trim and did some sanding and prep work. If you can strip car, it will save you some money. Other option is to have students at an auto tech college paint it. Good luck with project.

down here in Victoria I paid 4500 for a basic base clear no jams, trunk or under hood , no repairs cash under deal , it was 4000 but I made him 2 tone and tape stripe the car { a 77 grand prick } that guys got his icbc papers back and won't do cash but theres another guy who's a retiree who ran short of retirement funds so he reopened his back yard booth and started doing cash work , the problem with these cheap deal guys is even though they try your going to get what you get theres no warranty I'll get you his number if you want to talk a deal with him just send me a pm with your phone #

P.S. is anyone else peeved that a 16 yr old has a cooler collection than they do- way to go Bronze

Lucky you. I know just the guy for the job. He's going to be done my dart in two weeks so you can check out his work if you like. He's in Port Alberni which isn't that far for you to go. I towed mine from Abbotsford to get him to do it. This is the third car he's done for me and I've been happy with his work and VERY happy with his prices. If you want I can PM you my phone number and I can fill you in more. He's been at it for some four decades and teaches at BCIT.

Here he is

Cross Autobody. 5520 Bigwood Rd , Port Alberni, BC, V9Y8H4. Phone (250) 723-8851 . 5520 Bigwood Rd , Port Alberni, BC, V9Y8H4.

-
Back