-
Status
Not open for further replies.

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I currently have 4.10 gears in the car and I want to drive the car from VA to TX.. SO I'm looking for some hwy gears to swap for the trip.. just needs to be 8.75.

Jason

I have an entire 741 open chunk with 2.94 gears in great shape that I can throw in a bucket for cheap. It would be alot easier than swapping out the gear set. How's $75 plus shipping? Last time I shipped one it was about $50 across the country. If interested pm me.

I have an entire 741 open chunk with 2.94 gears in great shape that I can throw in a bucket for cheap. It would be alot easier than swapping out the gear set. How's $75 plus shipping? Last time I shipped one it was about $50 across the country. If interested pm me.

That's perfect... does it matter that my current set up is a 742 sure grip.. I guess I'm asking is that with my current axles will they fit right in that 741 open with no issues?

Jason that 741 unit Baddart has will swap right in where your 742 is. That's the great thing about 8-3/4's, you can stick any carrier with either sure grip or open right in without any modification or axle swap.

Jason that 741 unit Baddart has will swap right in where your 742 is. That's the great thing about 8-3/4's, you can stick any carrier with either sure grip or open right in without any modification or axle swap.

Ha I just sent you a pm as you posted this. Thanks, John

The only thing to check is do you have a large, Spicer 7290, or small, Spicer 7260, universal joint. There is a combo joint with both, small one way and large the other...

The only thing to check is do you have a large, Spicer 7290, or small, Spicer 7260, universal joint. There is a combo joint with both, small one way and large the other...

I have no idea what I have on there now.

Here are some pics. If your yoke is different then you can pick up a conversion U joint no problem. It has been sitting on a shelf in a bag for a couple of years, but still turns smooth and the back lash feels about right. As you can see there is no wear on the gear set. It has been degreased and has a light coat of etching primer on it. Before installing it I would double check torques on the caps and adjuster locks, because I got it in a parts trade, but he was an honest guy. John

Attachments

• 741 Case.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 741 Case2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 741 Case3.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 741 Case4.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 132
Hold up, if he has aftermarket axles and green bearings and the spacer hasnt been pulled out of the highway rear he could have a problem. Just dont want this overlooked and have a bind on the green bearings and an axle failure on the road. Coming back to tx. Cool.

Hold up, if he has aftermarket axles and green bearings and the spacer hasnt been pulled out of the highway rear he could have a problem. Just dont want this overlooked and have a bind on the green bearings and an axle failure on the road. Coming back to tx. Cool.

Hadn't thought about the green bearings. USCGCHARGER better check.

Tell me more Pete.. I have the Dr. Diff Axles with the green bearings... I currently have the 742 sure grip that has those "T" looking small spacers I think it's considered clutch type.. I can't remember though. Yes I get my order thurs to find out where I will be going but it looks like Houston.. not 100% sure on that either .. military ya know.. needs of the service... I stil have 5 wks until I gratuate from Officer Candidate School up here in CT.

If you have spacers now youre good. Some axles you have to ditch the spacers. Didnt want to see you have problems.

I have several open 8.75 chunks sitting just south of Annapolis, MD, your choice of gears/case $50, if you are passing through from CT to VA, save on shipping, let me know, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back