Looking for info on a roller

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
Any know this car
Looking for info before I take a trip

IMG_1483.PNG

Before I would step out of the door, I would ask to see a photo with that day's newspaper. Anyone who calls a duster a dodge would make my spidey sense to be on alert

Looks to me like there is an engine in there.
Ask them for a specific picture of something and see what they come back with.

Sometimes friends will post sales of cars for others (computer phobia thing lol ). But dosge Duster? Damn.

The guy has never raced the car just ended up with on some type of trade deal
He is not a mopar guy and has his wife post it for him so the dodge duster part is explained
We are close to making a deal with the car ,727 and convertor
He says it ways roughly 2400 lbs
I'm waiting on him to scale it then get back to me
His lack of knowledge of the car is kinda
Turning me away but we will see
O and it has struts the front with is something I've never seen

IMG_1485.JPG

The guy has never raced the car just ended up with on some type of trade deal
He is not a mopar guy and has his wife post it for him so the dodge duster part is explained
We are close to making a deal with the car ,727 and convertor
He says it ways roughly 2400 lbs
I'm waiting on him to scale it then get back to me
His lack of knowledge of the car is kinda
Turning me away but we will see
O and it has struts the front with is something I've never seen

View attachment 1715141544

Some type of OEM strut setup. Google different cars from '70s and up and see if you recognize that strut tower.

Makes sense now with the posting. They use Mustang II front set up a lot. That could be it.

It it also could be a custom job. At least with early A bodies the top point is not very strong. So to reinforce you add the bar

Same as we did - just can’t see the “ guts” because we didn’t remove all inner fender well.

AC560F42-635E-4B3A-84D4-4F9D24A3D957.jpeg

34C0BB74-08A6-4748-919A-3707568F55F9.jpeg

That front suspension looks partly homemade using some production parts. I only see a single mounting point for lower control arm( may be just the photo). Usually they have a tension rod going toward the front to limit for and aft movement or a LCA with two mounting points( GM like). You may be walking into someones half finished idea and have to fab out of a nightmare, or a price negotiating point. Good luck.

That front suspension looks partly homemade using some production parts. I only see a single mounting point for lower control arm( may be just the photo). Usually they have a tension rod going toward the front to limit for and aft movement or a LCA with two mounting points( GM like). You may be walking into someones half finished idea and have to fab out of a nightmare, or a price negotiating point. Good luck.

Ya. You’re right. Good catch. Only seems to be one point of contact on LCA. Hmmmm

I’d definitely change that. You could fab or replace.

Not too hard. Depends on skills and budget.

Not sure your intentions Heavy. Things are what they are. Unless I know the person who did it (and know they’re good at what they do) and/or I can see/verify the work (welds, wiring, cages, etc) ... I re-do it. Period. Safety isn’t something to go cheap or be hopeful.

Not saying this car is bad at all. Just my own deal and opinion. For the right price and if you have budget and/or skills it could be a great find and car.

Let us know what happens !

That steering is not going to work. The spindles are flipped to make the rack work.
Geometry is going to be out of wack.
I took my Cuda down the track once and ripped it apart and put a Gerst tubular kit in it before I would make another pass.

Just looked at the picture again.
You dont have the factory k frame so it might be ok.
Just make sure you can turn fully.

I talked to a guy who use to drove it (friend of the seller)
according to him it was a killer bracket car
6.20/30s in the 1/8 smallblock 727
says it drove great and he never had any bump steer issues
sent me a photo with the car on scales and with no engine or trans it comes in at 1795lbs
think I'm gonna pass simply because of the front suspension
but its a hard pass

-
Back