Looking for opinions

-
All you guys that commented on the roof, there was a twotone option, (V02). I had a 71 SuperBee with a black painted roof. What do you think about the no vinyl painted option? (I have the proper trim pieces).

I like the vinyl, but as long as it's white. Painted would be ok, but as long as it's done right. (New,Clean, White vinyl is amazing looking)

Is your car a factory vinyl top ?
If so Black vinyl top, Black interior,Butterscotch if you must.
If not a vinyl top, whole car butterscotch...again if you must.
Black bumblee stripe.

If it was my car.....Go impact color !!!
Butterscotch is sooo boooring...Sorry.
Plum Crazy,Sassy,Hemi orange !!!!!!! Now thats a color.

you could do something like this but with butterscotch not orange
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0601phr_1970_dodge_dart/index.html

0601phr_001_z+1970_dodge_dart+.jpg

Is your car a factory vinyl top ?
If so Black vinyl top, Black interior,Butterscotch if you must.
If not a vinyl top, whole car butterscotch...again if you must.
Black bumblee stripe.

If it was my car.....Go impact color !!!
Butterscotch is sooo boooring...Sorry.
Plum Crazy,Sassy,Hemi orange !!!!!!! Now thats a color.
here is the fender tag,(sorry for the quality) original EL5 with a white vinyl top. The car was actually higher price range with a lot of trim options. EL5 was a paint upgrade so they are a bit more rare. I like the color, it's grown on me and my 5 yr old loves it. oh ya, the air still blows cold.

Attachments

• IMG00069-20110503-1957.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 77
here is the fender tag,(sorry for the quality) original EL5 with a white vinyl top. The car was actually higher price range with a lot of trim options. EL5 was a paint upgrade so they are a bit more rare. I like the color, it's grown on me and my 5 yr old loves it. oh ya, the air still blows cold.

Right on. I can respect that.
I'm sure you will figure it out. :thumblef:

I recognise that your Dart's originally-equipped with the N95 Cleaner Air Package (mandatory in Ca , optional elsewhere) ; and I also see that it originally had white bench seat interior (E2XW) .

In my opinion , the V8"x" ( "x" = white , black , etc. , etc. ) stripe is overdone. I'd skip out on that if you intend to add a hood blackout treatment , as this'll create too many angles ; make the car too busy looking.

Now , how about doing a *customised* paint scheme ? To wit :

- Instead of doing the typical "blackout" , use white where the blackout would be ;
- White vinyl top (more on that in a minute ... ) .

Vinyl tops can be *sealed* better as to avoid rust :
- Make sure that the windshield and backlight channels are fully sealed AND painted ;
- Make certain that the roof is completely sealed and painted (e.g. , paint thickness should be exactly as applied to the the rest of the body ) ;
- Run a uniform bead of black sealant around the glass-to-trim gap , and the trim-to-roof-and-pillars gaps .

By eliminating as many dirt / dust / salt / moisture hiding spots as possible , the chances of rust forming are greatly reduced .
This is especially paramount in coastal areas , desert areas and road salt areas !
Contaminates get trapped between window trim , and if left in there during a rainy season , those contaminates will absorb moisture , trapping it until oxidation starts .

As far as the hood paint is concerned :
Paint the typically blackout areas with gloss white , then pinstripe the outlines with black . This will not only make that hood ~*PoP*~ , but will also naturally lead the eyes toward the black and white interior .
It'll have a nice , clean flow to it .

I recognise that your Dart's originally-equipped with the N95 Cleaner Air Package (mandatory in Ca , optional elsewhere) ; and I also see that it originally had white bench seat interior (E2XW) .

In my opinion , the V8"x" ( "x" = white , black , etc. , etc. ) stripe is overdone. I'd skip out on that if you intend to add a hood blackout treatment , as this'll create too many angles ; make the car too busy looking.

Now , how about doing a *customised* paint scheme ? To wit :

- Instead of doing the typical "blackout" , use white where the blackout would be ;
- White vinyl top (more on that in a minute ... ) .

Vinyl tops can be *sealed* better as to avoid rust :
- Make sure that the windshield and backlight channels are fully sealed AND painted ;
- Make certain that the roof is completely sealed and painted (e.g. , paint thickness should be exactly as applied to the the rest of the body ) ;
- Run a uniform bead of black sealant around the glass-to-trim gap , and the trim-to-roof-and-pillars gaps .

By eliminating as many dirt / dust / salt / moisture hiding spots as possible , the chances of rust forming are greatly reduced .
This is especially paramount in coastal areas , desert areas and road salt areas !
Contaminates get trapped between window trim , and if left in there during a rainy season , those contaminates will absorb moisture , trapping it until oxidation starts .

As far as the hood paint is concerned :
Paint the typically blackout areas with gloss white , then pinstripe the outlines with black . This will not only make that hood ~*PoP*~ , but will also naturally lead the eyes toward the black and white interior .
It'll have a nice , clean flow to it .
you mean H2XW

Attachments

• White71Swinger340Int.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 68
-
Back