looking for pass mirror like my drivers side...

-
Interesting idea. What mirror did you use ?
This one is 5" OD. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIPA-49502-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e0d82bd5&vxp=mtr
How would we cut it down to 4&3/8 ?

Yes, that one looks like it would work just fine, plus it is so cheap that if it broke during the sizing, you wouldn't have to cry.

To cut it down, I removed the glass mirror from the frame. Then traced out the correct circle onto the glass. Cutting would be by using a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to score the edge of the marked circle, making extensions to the edge of the glass so each break could be fairly straight. Then use pliers with electrical tape over the jaws to snap each scored section until you have a rough circle. Finish it up on a belt or fixed disc sander using fine (250 grit) sand paper.

Good luck!

The RH mirror I have is usable with no issues. I mounted the mirror so that at full left, I see only a little of the car. At full right it lets me see the lane inside me the quarter panel back (only a hint of the car showing). The RH blind spot on both cars is about from the rear wheel forward.

Go to a swap meet.

Those $200 repros have had the effect of flooding the market with driver quality OEM mirrors from folks who ponied up for the repros.

Yes, that one looks like it would work just fine, plus it is so cheap that if it broke during the sizing, you wouldn't have to cry.

To cut it down, I removed the glass mirror from the frame. Then traced out the correct circle onto the glass. Cutting would be by using a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to score the edge of the marked circle, making extensions to the edge of the glass so each break could be fairly straight. Then use pliers with electrical tape over the jaws to snap each scored section until you have a rough circle. Finish it up on a belt or fixed disc sander using fine (250 grit) sand paper.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll let you all know if it works. I built my right remote mirror from parts of 3 mirrors. Now I have part of a 4th going into it. LOL
Pardon the highjack btw

Thanks for the info. I guess ill sell my drivers mirror and go mirrorless. Its heavy anyways. Sucks that the outside pass is useless. Is there anyway to cure it? Like make an adjustable mirror like the drivers is? Or does it not have enough movement to be of use?

By law I'm required an outside pass mirror.
I have two of those mirrors in good shape one is for the right and one for the left, they are both remote.

OEM right mirror with remote was made for a right hand drive car. Its bowl doesn't have the deep outer side like the right mirror for left hand drive.

They also made right remote mirrors (with right adjuster pot) for mid 60's Chryslers!
They look 90% like the A/B body mirrors.

I also made a manual left mirror out of a remote left and a manual right.

Not as easy as you might think. Main internal part is (needlessly) right/left specific and had to be ground to fit.

-
Back