looking for pass mirror like my drivers side...

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
I'm not sure if its an original mirror or not but it is cool non the less. My pass door doesn't have provisions for the mirror over there. So what can I do to add a mirror to the pass door?

the matching right door mirror is available at Year One, Ebay, etc.., etc..

Dayam I didn't think the cost sould be anywhere near that high for a stinking mirror. **** might just remove the drive side for all that cost.

So I need a new door to mount tbat said pricy mirror as well? Or can I just drill and mount ok?

So I need a new door to mount tbat said pricy mirror as well? Or can I just drill and mount ok?

I put a repop on both of the Darts. I measured carefully and drilled the door. I had a little problem with jiggling on the highway, so I made a gusset plate that goes on the inside of the door to sandwich the sheet metal. Problem solved.

Watch the Dukes Of Hazard movie that had Jessica Simpson in it. The Duke boys had some other non matching mirror on the General Lees right door. They couldn't afford the aftermarket piece either.
On some models, If its positioned exactly like the left mirror, there wont be a usable view reflected anyway.

I back into my garage a mirror would be nice but the cost is a little steep. Like everything else.

My 65 Formula S never had outside mirrors. I thought that was strange. There are no holes drilled for them.

The sport mirrors might be another option for you.

My Cuda has the right side mirror but it only has the flat mirror glass. It had a very narrow view and it was annoying to use after I got used to having the slight convex mirrors used in today's cars. So I bought a $5 convex mirror on EBay and trimmed it to fit over my mirror (needed to trim it because I couldn't find one that was exactly the right size). Then I stuck it over the flat mirror with foam tape - viola! I love it now.

My Cuda has the right side mirror but it only has the flat mirror glass. It had a very narrow view and it was annoying to use after I got used to having the slight convex mirrors used in today's cars. So I bought a $5 convex mirror on EBay and trimmed it to fit over my mirror (needed to trim it because I couldn't find one that was exactly the right size). Then I stuck it over the flat mirror with foam tape - viola! I love it now.

Interesting idea. What mirror did you use ?
This one is 5" OD. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIPA-49502-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e0d82bd5&vxp=mtr
How would we cut it down to 4&3/8 ?

Got a set of these from yearone in pristine,like new condition,if your interested.
They are an original mirror for an A body. Great lightweight mirror.
These are not the actual mirrors in the pic,mine are pristine.
Look them up on yearone and then come back and buy mine.
$150 plus $10 to ship.
Pics available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 212
Mine is the original mirror off my car

The mirrors I have would come on your car as well.
Your mirrors would be considered the upgrade of the two.
People who were looking for weight savings would chose the ones I have.
They both bolt on the exact way.
No worries either way if your not interested.
I saw the one you are looking for on EBay. Pretty reasonable to.

The mirrors I have would come on your car as well.
Your mirrors would be considered the upgrade of the two.
People who were looking for weight savings would chose the ones I have.
They both bolt on the exact way.
No worries either way if your not interested.
I saw the one you are looking for on EBay. Pretty reasonable to.

The base model mirror on the drivers door would leave a hole in the door where the remote is/was.

The base model mirror on the drivers door would leave a hole in the door where the remote is/was.

True,but it would be covered up by the mirror post.
You would never be able to see it once installed.
It also uses the exact gasket if I remember right.

On some models, If its positioned exactly like the left mirror, there wont be a usable view reflected anyway.

^^^This is the best reply to the thread so far. I bought a matching mirror at a swap meet and carefully transferred the measurements from the driver's door to the passenger door. It is practically useless, but it does match! I'll fix it when I do the bodywork sometime done the road.

IMG_6704.jpg

True,but it would be covered up by the mirror post.
You would never be able to see it once installed.
It also uses the exact gasket if I remember right.

I was referring to the hole inside. Sorry

^^^This is the best reply to the thread so far. I bought a matching mirror at a swap meet and carefully transferred the measurements from the driver's door to the passenger door. It is practically useless, but it does match! I'll fix it when I do the bodywork sometime done the road.

IMG_6704.jpg

Thanks for the info. I guess ill sell my drivers mirror and go mirrorless. Its heavy anyways. Sucks that the outside pass is useless. Is there anyway to cure it? Like make an adjustable mirror like the drivers is? Or does it not have enough movement to be of use?

By law I'm required an outside pass mirror.

-
Back