-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69Dartconvt69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I was posting to see if anyone had a set of the window fuzzies/scrapers or cat whiskers as some people call them that they may have bought and didn't use. These are for my 74 Duster and they will fit 73-76 Dart Sport and Duster only, the early ones are different. I'm looking for both the inners and outers for the door glass. PM if you have some and what you need for them. Thanks, John

Do a "Google" for Topcat Weatherstripping and you will find plenty of vendors. They are the ones we used on my son's Dart Sport and Duster.
"Fuzzies" are on the inside and rubber sweeps are on the outside.

Jerry

I posted this looking for someone that had some that they weren't going to use and were willing to sell for less than they paid for them, just like everyone expects me to do when I sell from time to time.

I know how to find them new, I've been doing this for over 30 years. Just because I don't have 10,000 post on this forum please don't assume I'm green, I don't post in every thread just to get a higher post count. Now, when I ask for advice it's welcome but I didn't ask for advice just someone with parts to sell. No need to post if you don't have anything to sell, it's not welcome.

Topcat doesn't sell the inners, I don't buy much from Year One because they buy most of their stuff from other companies (like the Paddock) and mark it up and I know Laysons has them but not too set on ordering from them and not seeing them for months or not at all. Yes I know about Rick but he's out sick and refer back to the first paragraph.

If nobody responds you might try The Paddock or Year one

Do a "Google" for Topcat Weatherstripping and you will find plenty of vendors. They are the ones we used on my son's Dart Sport and Duster.
"Fuzzies" are on the inside and rubber sweeps are on the outside.

Jerry

Nice leads on these parts.....:cheers: :wave:

I know how to find them new, I've been doing this for over 30 years. Just because I don't have 10,000 post on this forum please don't assume I'm green, I don't post in every thread just to get a higher post count. Now, when I ask for advice it's welcome but I didn't ask for advice just someone with parts to sell. No need to post if you don't have anything to sell, it's not welcome.

Topcat doesn't sell the inners, I don't buy much from Year One because they buy most of their stuff from other companies (like the Paddock) and mark it up and I know Laysons has them but not too set on ordering from them and not seeing them for months or not at all. Yes I know about Rick but he's out sick and refer back to the first paragraph.

The funny thing is.. I have exactly what you are looking for.... the funnier thing is I wont sell them to you because of your attitude toward other people trying to give you leads and help. We dont know what you "know" or dont "know". Alot of members on here dont realize that there are other companies repopping these items. So as a good car community does... we inform. I guess we should just automatically know you have 30 years of experience (which doesnt include manners apparently) so how should we know what you want for sure? I guess the 30 years experience also doesnt help you as to where to find them either because there are several places that have them.... but you dont want unsolicted advice so keep searching. Rudeness gets you nothing. Enjoy a handful of it.

-RPM

Well aren't you all just so special.

If my thread opened with a question such as "does anyone make these" or "do you know where I could get them" those that chimed in would have been welcome. If anyone actually took the time to read the original post in this thread they would have seen that I was looking for a set that someone had bought and weren't going to use for whatever reason. I was looking to save a few bucks but I guess that's only allowed for "certain" people on here.

I have come to realize this forum is full of interesting people. I listed one of my cars for sale and got rude posts or told to advertise it somewhere else. I've also seen others have it done to them as well and I think that's uncalled for but what do I know. I guess the sticky's at the top of the listing pages are only for people like me to read. I've advertised parts at reasonable prices and when I didn't want to sell them for lowball offers I was called an a*&%ole.

I asked for a PM if someone had a part and I got unwelcomed/unsolicited posts. And look, I've gotten more unwelcomed posts, I guess this is a form of entertainment for some.

Don't worry RPM, I have a couple of parts that some guys wanted (lowballed)on here (they know who they are) and they p****ed me off so I will be having them for a very long time. And don't worry, You couldn't give yours away to me. This whole thing is unfortunate because I've met some great people here as well, I will miss those members when I don't waste anymore time here.

Keep up the good work! :bootysha:

If my thread opened with a question such as "does anyone make these" or "do you know where I could get them" those that chimed in would have been welcome. If anyone actually took the time to read the original post in this thread they would have seen that I was looking for a set that someone had bought and weren't going to use for whatever reason. I was looking to save a few bucks but I guess that's only allowed for "certain" people on here.

I have come to realize this forum is full of interesting people. I listed one of my cars for sale and got rude posts or told to advertise it somewhere else. I've also seen others have it done to them as well and I think that's uncalled for but what do I know. I guess the sticky's at the top of the listing pages are only for people like me to read. I've advertised parts at reasonable prices and when I didn't want to sell them for lowball offers I was called an a*&%ole.

I asked for a PM if someone had a part and I got unwelcomed/unsolicited posts. And look, I've gotten more unwelcomed posts, I guess this is a form of entertainment for some.

Don't worry RPM, I have a couple of parts that some guys wanted (lowballed)on here (they know who they are) and they p****ed me off so I will be having them for a very long time. And don't worry, You couldn't give yours away to me. This whole thing is unfortunate because I've met some great people here as well, I will miss those members when I don't waste anymore time here.

I hate to say this but I believe there is a slight case of hyper-sensitivity (along with misconstruing people's intentions) taking place here. So what if people didn't read your post thoroughly. They didn't reply in a malicious manner - they just tried to offer some help the best way they knew how. Even though they didn't offer you exactly what you were looking for, you could have said thanks but that's not what I am looking for or just said nothing at all and wait to see if someone could help you in the form that you desire.

As for selling cars and parts and getting rude responses and being told to advertise it somewhere else, we both know that is not exactly what went down, don't we? I just read all of your threads (from selling your Darts to the '50 PLymouth P20) and the majority of posts were positive with several people wishing you good luck on your sales. If you want me to break it down point by point, I will do so tomorrow night when I have more time to dedicate to this mini-rant.

As for your second to last sentence re: " ... when I don't waste anymore time here", let me know if I can be of some assistance to you.

Topcat doesn't sell the inners

Hardens Muscle Car World carries the inner felt belts.

Hardens.jpg

nope... we are no more special then the next guy. But... thats the response that I expected from you.

Personally if I was looking for parts and someone posted something I already knew I would still be happy. For one, they took their time to try and help which doesn't happen on a lot of sites. And second, it's a free bump and maybe someone who has the parts will see it and chime in, which almost happened with RPM (who I don't blame at all for not selling the part).

Nope, I haven't either. That's why, when I saw that, I sent them an e-mail and suggested they correct their online catalog. It might confuse someone who might not know the difference. :dontknow:

We put some of these on my son's two projects, his '74 Dart Sport and '74 Duster. They fit perfectly, but the thing I didn't particularly like about them was that they don't snap on like the originals. You get some small-head screws to attach them to the plastic door trim. Once installed, you won't know the difference, but it was just a hassle to pre-drill holes to prevent cracking, etc.

What the heck did I do wrong in posting my reply? I was just trying to help.

Your title should have read "Looking for used fuzzies, not new ones".

In my 40+ years being a car guy, you take the cake.

Why should my title have read differently than what I was looking for? I have used ones on my car, they need to be replaced. I simply asked if someone had new ones they had that they had purchased, weren't going to use and wanted to sell them. I didn't ask if anyone knows where I can buy them new because I knew that and it don't matter that no one knew that I knew or that they didn't know how much experience I have because that wasn't what I asked for. I was simply trying to save a few bucks over new and put some into the pocket of another member at the same time. I probably should have been more clear since it appears that people missed that part of the post.

I don't eat cake so I wouldn't take it. In 40 years of being a "car guy" you either don't get out much or you keep to yourself when out if you think I take the cake. I've seen guys in my 30+ years that you wouldn't believe are not locked up in an institution.

Personally if I was looking for parts and someone posted something I already knew I would still be happy. For one, they took their time to try and help which doesn't happen on a lot of sites. And second, it's a free bump and maybe someone who has the parts will see it and chime in, which almost happened with RPM (who I don't blame at all for not selling the part).

And you have every right to be happy about anything that makes you happy just as I have a right to not be happy about getting posts unrelated to my request.

I asked if someone had some they wanted to sell not where can I get some. It's just that I was, at least I thought was, clear about what I was looking for.

Sometimes we want to help but we aren't helping in the way the person wants to be helped so it's not helpful and it can give someone else glancing at the thread to think "he already found what he needs" rather than offering a part. I know that I usually don't read a wanted thread that has several posts showing because I figure someone has filled the order for him, I doubt I'm the only one that thinks that or all those threads would show a lot more page views. I have also read several threads that it is very obvious that the responding poster didn't read the thread, you wonder WTF when you see some of these.

I also find it very interesting that some of those that complain about my comments being uncalled for resort to personal attacks when they are trying to "show they're a better person." BTW, I've seen some of these "helpful" guys ripping a guys car for sale or ranting how another's parts prices are out of line. Nice!

If I didn't get a response I can always bump it up myself for free too. Thank you for your concern.

you know wat this whole post is rediculous and needs to be deleted

...just as I have a right to not be happy about getting posts unrelated to my request.
John, I would love to meet you in person to see if you are really this grumpy or not. I'm going out on a limb here to say that you probably are not. I've read some of your other threads and, for the most part, you have usually been very cordial and helpful.

...it is very obvious that the responding poster didn't read the thread, you wonder WTF when you see some of these.
Actually, what's not "obvious" is what the poster read INTO the thread. You'll notice that I was the second responder to your call for help. I only have 6+ years of experience to your 30+ years, so you trump me on that; however, what I read INTO the thread was the fact that you needed some parts that I had recently found and installed on a similar project.

In the same vein as Tony's response, I simply provided a source for the parts, in the event that you (1)didn't get a timely offer (2)didn't get a satisfactory offer (3)didn't know where else to find them. I've been on this forum five years and have personally met only a couple of member. I don't know the personal background of the 10,000+ members here, nor do I read every thread that is posted. Therefore, there was not much chance I would know about your vast store of knowledge. Had I been aware of that fact, I would have most likely remained silent (since I don't have any spare window sweeps or felts).

Sometimes we want to help but we aren't helping in the way the person wants to be helped so it's not helpful...
I beg to differ with you on this point. I have always been thankful for anyone taking the time to respond to my posts, whether they satisfied my specific request or not. Since I have only 6+ years of experience, I'm always in a learning mode. Once I reach 30+ years, I may change my mind. :poke:

...resort to personal attacks when they are trying to "show they're a better person."
I saw where you posted this in a previous thread...
"I've noticed people love to correct like lightning on here, concentrate on the grammatically challenged and the poor spellers for me please."

There was a recent running thread asking for "five things about yourself". I explained how anal I am about many things, and one of them is the abuse of spelling and grammar on web forums - you really have no idea how it pains me. However, in my five years as a member here, I have learned to overlook much of what would normally drive me up the wall. I accept the fact that it is the nature of the beast.

I must say, there are plenty of instances in your own posts that would be fodder for criticism, if I were prone to do that, but I don't want to go there. All I am saying is that we are, like any good dysfunctional family, a hodge-podge collection of diverse folks of various ages with a wide range of experience and knowledge. We can decide to be helpful to those needing it in whatever way we can, or we can choose to be self-righteous, indignant, and self-serving.

Quite frankly, I prefer to be a role model for those young guns here desiring to break into the time-honored hobby of owning, repairing, and enjoying their old cars, proud of their own hands-on contributions, rather than show them how petty and ridiculous some disagreements can become in a flash, if given the proper fuel.

No harm, no foul. I don't want you to leave any more than anyone else does. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back