Looking to fabricate my own engine mounts,have some questions.

-
That's what I was thinking about doing. And agree that reference points could be lost if not marked or jigged carefully. If references were not lost. Did ya see a down side to that approach?

That's what I was thinking about doing. And agree that reference points could be lost if not marked or jigged carefully. If references were not lost. Did ya see a down side to that approach?

No, I didn't see a down side to it. I've got a jig to bolt a k-member to. Actually I have two, one that uses the frame bolts and one that uses the LCA pivot pin tubes. I had considered at one time making a bracket that would locate the saddle without having to measure each time. In the end I just didn't make enough of them over time (probably less than 50 in the last 32 years) to warrant that effort.

necropost: found some pics of my Streetmasters B/RB into an early A motor mounts. Solid mounts, not too bad on the fillings....
85.JPG
111902 025.jpg
111902 005.jpg
111902 003.jpg
111902 002.jpg

Regarding electric power steering ... a unit from a Saturn Vue is a great choice. Compact and ez to install. I saw a few used in stock cars till the cry babies made enough noise and got them banned.

68 k with spool mounts. Started with 73 up k and it was tweaked and did not bolt under car. So I used the original k. Moving the whole mount takes more time for sure.

IMG_20210610_153656067_HDR.jpg

The street master mounts use a nice concept of two bolt on adaptable parts tying everything together at the isolating point. A good thought for altering engine combos.

-
Back