lordco is a rippoff.

-
Here's a few thoughts.
So let's say the "Big L" made $25 a piece off those Moog bushings. WooHoo! Close the store and take the rest of the day off! That's $50! Come on, it's not like the auto parts business is a license to print money, like some people seem to think it is. Profit margins are thin, overhead costs are huge just for inventory, let alone staff, computers, delivery vehicles, etc.. And, just like whatever business you're in, we're trying to make money. Should I feel sorry for trying to make money from my customers? Guess what? I don't. I like getting a paycheque.
And, to be perfectly honest, I don't like Lordco either, but that's because I work for a competitor.

You must get one hell of a discount. Everytime I call for a quote i also check with burnaby auto parts and mopac. Mopac is usually substantially lower. Lordco is way higher I talked to the guildford manager and he said to bring my quotes in and he would see what he can do.I like to usually deal with the business that gives me the best deal up front.

Your 100% right on the shop around run a round crap. Maybe if you are buying a new car. I have found Mopac swings both ways price wise. Go see Chris Lunn at Mopac. He's a DART owner and well versed on Mopars.

Here's a few thoughts.
So let's say the "Big L" made $25 a piece off those Moog bushings. WooHoo! Close the store and take the rest of the day off! That's $50! Come on, it's not like the auto parts business is a license to print money, like some people seem to think it is. Profit margins are thin, overhead costs are huge just for inventory, let alone staff, computers, delivery vehicles, etc.. And, just like whatever business you're in, we're trying to make money. Should I feel sorry for trying to make money from my customers? Guess what? I don't. I like getting a paycheque.
And, to be perfectly honest, I don't like Lordco either, but that's because I work for a competitor.

Guess what? I dont feel guilty one bit by not buying expensive **** from Lordco or otherwise.And Im not surprised you have no guilt,salemen are selected for the fact they are missing that gene.

I just walk away when they give me an outrageous quote,because I KNOW they can do better. Like I said I worked for Lordco in thier very large burnaby warehouse,which also did counter sales (me) and I saw what we paid for every item as I sold it.Info was right there in the puter.Lordco's profit margin is a VERY FAT ONE thanks very much.

And dont hand me that low profit margin bullshit. If Lordco is such low profit how in the hell did they add over 80 stores in a 20 year period? The banks sure as hell wouldnt touch them if they werent making scads of money.

Send them a money order instead?

Cant be bothered. I asked another seller and they explained that if I phone them,it will be no problem. It's the ebay system that wont allow for a difference in shipping and billing addys. I dont understand this myself. I used to buy from ebay and had a different addy for shipping than my billing addy. It was no problem.

There must have been some rule changes which amount to Canadians getting screwed,but thats nothing new coming from ebay.

I would think that Lordco would want thier walk in traffic to be loyal,but apparently they really dont care. After all they have built a loyal base by giving shops a huge discount,but not walk ins? This amounts to walk ins subsidising the shops pricing.

It's time to write Ed coats,the owner of lordco a letter. This horseshit with lordco has been going on for years.

.It's time to write Ed coats,the owner of lordco a letter. QUOTE]

Sounds like you're the guy, and in the right frame of mind to do just that.

Good luck getting them to change.

Like you said, they give their biggest customers the price break.... thats because they are their biggest customers....and deal with the most.

This is the same reason auto wreckers stop opening on Saturdays. Their best customers, the body shops, aren't open Saturdays. Walk-ins aren't worth their time, I guess.

I certainly will,and I'll let you know what he has to say as well. From what I remember he was a pretty fair guy.

Wow, I'm a salesman without a guilt gene? Because I like having a job, and getting paid? I thought that made me a capitalist.

Wow, I'm a salesman without a guilt gene? Because I like having a job, and getting paid? I thought that made me a capitalist.

If you like your job then why not build a loyal customer base through your walk in traffic? Give them a break for once.

Well needsaresto, what more can I say, obviously anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. I will therefore keep my opinions to myself. Good luck in your fight for lower prices.

Hey Glenn i was wondering when your voice would be heard on this , I am still planning on coming to you for my brake stuff because you know what I need and I'll trust you to be fair about it , I've never done business with your shop but that's not because of any ill will . It just has never been on my radar , to be honest , do you work weekends ? maybe I'll try to drop in and we can go through what all I need .

ANYWAYS...back to the subject I posted about.

I have already found another ebay distributor who is willing to accept that my shipping and billing addies are different. It can all be straightened out with a toll free phone call

At less than $50 each and with free shipping I think I already met you challenge Glen. It wasnt hard.

I was talking with an old retired fella at my kids bus stop the other day. He had a 4wd Caravan from the early generation. Mentioned it was currently 2wd as he couldnt afford to fix it. When I said dont bother with Lordco he just rolled his eyes and said yup,they think thier parts are gold plated.Im not the only one with a problem about lordco's pricing.
They want so much he cant afford to fix his vehicle with thier stuff.
I sent him to an autowreckers he can trust.

Actually we were on subject Glenn works for a direct competitor of Lordco here in BC and has worked for a number of outfits who also compete directly so he has a good bit of knowledge on the subject of fair pricing for the parts our cars need .

-
Back