lordco is a rippoff.

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Checked out pricing for the moog offset camber bolt/bushing kit. $50/side and thats shop pricing !!!!!!!

They are $28/side at rock auto.

You cant tell me the price difference is all from bringing it across the border.

We have 1 jobber store in town and it's Lordco. So you either pay thier price or walk out. So I walked out..

Simple solution. Order them from Rock Auto, have them shipped to me, and I will send them to you USPS. Might take a week or so but you'll have them without getting raped. Send me a PM if interested.

I can have them shipped to a gas station just across the line and pick them up there.

No need to ship em to someone else in the states.

I see ebay has em even cheaper that rock auto.

What really burns my *** is the pack of lies the lordco salesman used as an excuse. Can say whatever they want,doesnt make it true.

Rockauto is always about 1/2 price of NAPA for me so it's not just your jobber. I figure Rockauto is a wholesaler where-as NAPA and others are retailers. Big diff in price every time.

I tend to agree w/fishy. You can order them from RockAuto, wait a week to have them shipped, then drive to the border to pick them up...whereas, Lordco has them on the counter in front of you, for you to take away and install TODAY! Sometimes you have to pay a bit for convenience. Just like 7-11 charges more for a gallon of milk when you need it at 3AM, cause the grocery stores are closed.

On the other hand, if you're ordering a whole bunch 'o stuff that you don't need right now, then I agree that RO might be the way to go.

Just my $0.02CDN.....

Ya I know Lordco is convenient,but hell a $22 price difference is nothing to sneeze at. I just cannot believe that an almost 50% increase is justified. I can see 20% being O.K as it's normally what us Canadians pay in difference once something is landed and in our country. Our dollar is stronger than the U.S buck right now and has been for some time,yet it hasnt helped one whit as to prices.

FRACK!! Went to check on prices for a window motor with regulator for my 00 Caravan.

$114!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thats before taxes.Rock auto is about $65,so even if there is a tarriff on the part because it's made in china I'll still save big bucks. I could even find a coparable price on ebay with most likely free shipping.

WHAT THIEVING BASTARDS.

As for the 7-11 comparison,if I needed a choc bar I'd go there. But I guarantee you wont pay x2 what you pay at a 7-11 in the states.

Apparently Lordco has never heard of a recession.

FRACK!! Went to check on prices for a window motor with regulator for my 00 Caravan.

$114!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thats before taxes.Rock auto is about $65,so even if there is a tarriff on the part because it's made in china I'll still save big bucks. I could even find a coparable price on ebay with most likely free shipping.

WHAT THIEVING BASTARDS.

As for the 7-11 comparison,if I needed a choc bar I'd go there. But I guarantee you wont pay x2 what you pay at a 7-11 in the states.

Apparently Lordco has never heard of a recession.

I restate.... post #5

Have you priced a choc bar @ 7-11 lately? They are at least 50% more than a groc store (mine anyways)...sometimes more!

Plus, Lordco doesn't buy in the same kind of volume that Rock Auto does, so they can't sell it as cheaply. I used to work in a local parts store, and there's no way we could compete with Jegs or Summit or others at that time because our costs were way higher. We sold many items, including Edelbrock and Holley carbs at a loss to get people in the door.

I wandered around in a parts store in Golden, BC this spring, and the prices were definitely higher than I liked. But EVERYTHING was that way up there. Then throw on your massive sales tax, and it was crazy.

K cheaper at a grocery store BUT,We are referencing 7-11 no?

I just found the window motors for $47 each on egay,with free shipping. Even if there is a tarrif on them,I'll still be about $80 ahead.

The really crappy thing about this town is,Lordco is the only game in town and they know it. Napa is no longer here because Lordco severely undercut them and drove them out ,along with all the other small mom and pop parts stores like talor wilton and apple automotive,and Canadian tire sure aint an option what with all the pimple faced kids behind the counter who dont know a friggin thing other than whats in thier computer.

Lordco has 7 different price levels,so you cant tell me they NEED to charge more. It's more like they know you have no choice.

All I can say is they cut the repair businesses a good deal,often 1/2 of what I would pay. But not the avg customer off the street,who probably counts for at least 25% of thier business.

And your right about the HST,it's the most evil tax I've ever seen. Meant to benefit business and shift even more tax burden onto the public is what the hst is all about. Funny thing about that tax,the liberals said they would NEVER do it,and then 4 months after an election guess what? HST!

They had it in place with blinding speed,and are now claiming it will take at least 2 years to remove it. Gee I wonder why? Maybe because they'll get the extra revenue from it during that time..

I figure we got slapped with the hst because Gordy BULLY Cambell put the province in a massive hole with hosting the olympics,which according to a survey 65% of voters didnt even want. But just like the gst the olympics got rammed down the voters throats.

All us folks in rural areas recieved virtually zero benefit fom the olympics,yet tickets were beyond most peoples reach plus we are paying for it!

K cheaper at a grocery store BUT,We are referencing 7-11 no?

I just found the window motors for $47 each on egay,with free shipping. Even if there is a tarrif on them,I'll still be about $80 ahead.

The really crappy thing about this town is,Lordco is the only game in town and they know it. Napa is no longer here because Lordco severely undercut them and drove them out ,along with all the other small mom and pop parts stores like talor wilton and apple automotive,and Canadian tire sure aint an option what with all the pimple faced kids behind the counter who dont know a friggin thing other than whats in thier computer.

Lordco has 7 different price levels,so you cant tell me they NEED to charge more. It's more like they know you have no choice.

All I can say is they cut the repair businesses a good deal,often 1/2 of what I would pay. But not the avg customer off the street,who probably counts for at least 25% of thier business.[/QUOTE]

And probally 50% of their profit.

Yep olkahoma your bang on. My friend works there ,and wont cut me a deal either as the management dressed him down severely and threatened to fire him,over a few $$ that I got away with not paying.

Time to email some of thier competition and see if they can be convinced to come in and compete.

To bad they obviously know you and don't want to cut you any slack , I hate the place because our local Lardco is staffed by young hotties who know nothing of cars and parts so can't really help you when you need something obscure , heck I usually end up scanning the books and giving them part numbers to feed the computer but on those rare times when I have to shop there I always get the good price , they have discount codes for all sorts of stuff I still get the "Island Mopar Club" 20% discount 3 years after the club folded , that's if the girl ask's for my union card from the plumbers union { I'm a Carpenter and don't have one lol } when I ask for the plumbers discount -35% and thats after I get the person at the parts counter to send it to the cashier at the good price already , I just picked up a push in breather that retails for $33.99 for $26.75 out the door after HST .

PS I bet if my son worked there I could save even more Eh LOL , I normally shop at JB Auto they have car guys behind the counter who can still tell you what you really want and always give me a great price ,if they can't do at a good price they will send to the competition , after all the free nuts bolts and clamps they've given me if I can wait for it to be shipped from the mainland I pay the premium to buy from them anyway , I don't want to see them disappear .

the LCA bushing I needed for my duster a couple months ago was like $20 at NAPA, and $5.xx at Rock Auto. Free next-day shipping would be nice, but since they don't have that, NAPA it is.

If buying off ebag, make sure that they ship USPS to Canada or your $47.00 part will end up costing you $147.00 by the time you get it. Half the time I get stuff off eBay and shipped USPS I don't get hit with the HorseShitTax either.

I actually worked for Lordco a long time ago and am very aware of the markups and pricing. There can be a huge profit margin in a lot of thier stuff,aned even letting to go to the shops at a discounted rate,they are still making a killing.

Whats the hurt to them by giving me a break? You never know I guess I could single handedly collapse thier empire by not allowing lordco to rape me.

And your right about the HST,it's the most evil tax I've ever seen. Meant to benefit business and shift even more tax burden onto the public is what the hst is all about. Funny thing about that tax,the liberals said they would NEVER do it,and then 4 months after an election guess what? HST!

They had it in place with blinding speed,and are now claiming it will take at least 2 years to remove it. Gee I wonder why? Maybe because they'll get the extra revenue from it during that time..

I figure we got slapped with the hst because Gordy BULLY Cambell put the province in a massive hole with hosting the olympics,which according to a survey 65% of voters didnt even want. But just like the gst the olympics got rammed down the voters throats.

Yeah, the government likes their taxes. In Illinois the toll for the toll roads was SUPPOSED TO END IN 1973 after the toll roads were paid off. NOW THEY ARE GOING TO DOUBLE ALL TOLLS!!! Some of which are already over $1. This will mean you will have to carry over $10 in change to travel the toll road if you do not get their automatic "I-pass". Then you only get charged half as much as cash customers. Not all booths have an attendant available if you do not have enough change.

The US sales tax was supposed to end after we paid off the world war 2 debt, but it is still here also.... This way our congressman can vote themselves another raise (funny how none of them has NEVER voted not to raise their pay)...

I just bought all my front end parts from Lordco in Pitt Meadows and trust me I checked out e-Bay, Parts Train and a bunch of other suppliers, including my connections at Mopac. I decided on MOOG before shopping.

I go to Point Roberts once a week so I'm in the USA but, for the price differance and 12% HST at Canada Customs the differance wasn't realy worth it. Also if something was wrong it was better to deal with Ron here at Lordco. Here's the trick to getting a good price and I think it applies anywhere. Ask to see the manager and tell him what you restoring and you need alot of parts. Chances are good he's a car nut too and willing to help out a fellow garage widower....Ron has a nice 67 Camaro but, I don't bug him much with bow tie jokes. Last weekend I was helping a my best man with a wheel bearing noise in the fron of his GMC Avalanch 4x4. He called Lordco and did not speak to Ron but, one of the weekend minions. Ron does not usualy work weekends. I told chris that I though $432.00 was a bit steep and he checked the dealership,,,,were not going there. YIKES! So I drove him to Lordco cause he had no wheels and needed it for work Monday. Ron happened to be there and he knows Chris as my buddy. Chris is tight for money like all of us. Ron looked up the price with my good guy discount and the bearing assy was $210.00 each. Chris said he was buying me coffee...LOL. I convinced Chris to buy two assy with his wifes VISA becase I'm sure the other side is not far from TBO. Runing 27" bling bling tires and rims isn't helping either. So get to know your parts store manager or parts guy really good and bring him a coffe once and awhile.
Duddy Kravitts

The trail store mamger is an asshole,and part owner if I recall. So that is the whole problem in a nutshell. Apparently he had a massive heart attack while in Hawaii. Everyone in the store was hoping he never returns to work..

I preferr not to buy from Lordco period. The last pair of brake drums I got from them for my Caravan warped within 50 km's. Lordco sells cheap chinese **** at outrageous prices.

Im done with them. They've pissed me off one too many times.

Hey i just order ac delco plug wire set for #!8 magnun cost 17 buck map sensor and oxygen sensor with shipping was under 80 bucks.My local parts store was for same items was 180 buck.I just order from rock in advance when i need stuff.No brianer

The trail store mamger is an asshole,and part owner if I recall. So that is the whole problem in a nutshell. Apparently he had a massive heart attack while in Hawaii. Everyone in the store was hoping he never returns to work..

I preferr not to buy from Lordco period. The last pair of brake drums I got from them for my Caravan warped within 50 km's. Lordco sells cheap chinese **** at outrageous prices.

Im done with them. They've pissed me off one too many times.

That sucks bud. BTW I do not work for Lordco...LOL. Try this call Ron in Pitt Meadows (604-465-7200) say your a bud of Brad's order you parts and pay for them and have the parts shipped to the Trail store for pick up. WIN WIN. You get the good guy price. Ron keeps his sales numbers up. You piss off the Trail store manager and I help out a fellow FABO member. :cheers:

You must get one hell of a discount. Everytime I call for a quote i also check with burnaby auto parts and mopac. Mopac is usually substantially lower. Lordco is way higher I talked to the guildford manager and he said to bring my quotes in and he would see what he can do.I like to usually deal with the business that gives me the best deal up front.

Hey Chris.....Is that a shot???...LOL!!

Not really I'm just saying it probably works out a little better with an employee discount in the house , like I said I usually shop at JBs downtown store it's closer and I've paid my dues there so like Brad426 said I have a couple of guys there who treat me right and if they can't they send me to the right place , how many places will wave and say don't worry about it when you grab a couple of bolts and a hose clamp , they know they can try to send me somewhere to save a couple of bucks and I'll say no thanks order it in and I'll pay to keep you guy's working .

ps Damn Darwin you seem kinda testy lately maybe you should take the dart out for a nice drive this weekend -- Now that's a shot -- sorry buddy

Am now looking elsewhere for the window motors. Checked on ebay,abd found em for $47 with free shipping within the U.S. So I asked if it was O.K if I have a U.S shipping addy but a canadian billing addy. They said no can do. Oh well,you just lot a sale dumbass

Cant imagine what the problem is? Just cause Im Canadian I cant have free shipping? WTF??

I'll keep checking around for a seller on ebay with free shipping,but if not then at least I can get a good price at rock auto. I'll have to eat the shipping,oh well.

-
Back