Lost a friend today...

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
We lost our 12 1/2 year old boxer today.I knew he had not been feeling good and had a feeling his days were numbered.We had to put him down this morning on my wifes birthday.The second picture I took this morning,he lifted his head for one last picture. We adopted him from the pound when he was 5 years old.He was a great dog and will be missed.

Jim

Attachments

• R2- 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 278
  • Butches last pics 003.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 296
Sorry for your loss, definately hard to lose a member of the family. We have two Boxers and they are such wonderful dogs, I couldn't imagine being without them now.

damn i remember having to shoot mine that sucks be glad u he was not in pain and it was not a week end like it was with mine thats why i had to shoot mine i feel ur pain man u will see him agin

Damn that sucks Jim. It's not an easy decision to make, but you both have to take comfort in that you did what was best for him. It is painful, but not as painful as watching them suffer. They don't understand their suffering, but do understand that your love for them makes your decision the best one for them. Take care both of you.

Grant

I am deeply sorry for your loss, they are such cool dogs. I love the way the feel.... Prayers sent to you and your family...

Chas

Damn it's been a bad year for our pets I know about 16 people who have lost as well as myself . Sorry to here of your loss it is hard on the family . Sorry

SO sorry Jim. They ain't pets. They're family. My condolences.

They are family. I know what you are going through, had to put one of mine down last March. I still miss him and regret it. But it was his time to go. He was one of my best all time dogs also.

I know how you feel. Having another one helps to keep you busy and not think about it as much. Sorry to hear that you lost a dear friend and family member. It's hard.

I'm so sorry to hear this and please accept my condolences in your time of loss.

Very sorry to hear that. Our 4 dogs are members of the family in my house. It always breaks my heart to hear of the loss of someones beloved companion.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

C

Sorry to hear of your loss Jim, but remember the awesome thing you did rescuing him from the pound and giving him a home with a loving family. When your heart heals, maybe consider another rescue pup for your Boston Terrier.

I know what it's like having to euthanize on a b'day......been there myself and it sucks :sad8: Pick a day in the future and celebrate your wife's b'day when you both are feeling a little better.

Condolences sent for your family.

I'm really sorry to hear that. My boxer turned 11 last week. I know it will be really hard on me when that time comes. Hang in there.

-
Back