LOST A FRIEND TODAY

-

d1970

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO HAVE A GOOD DAY
Reaction score
Sadly today my wife and I had to say goodbye to our 12 year German Shepherd. He was suffering with Degenerative Myelopathy, there is no cure for DM – it is a progressive and debilitating disease that eventually completely paralyzes the dog’s hindquarters and may, in time affect the front limbs as well. He will be missed and remembered in our hearts for ever.

IMG_2110.JPG

sorry to hear that brother

its amazing how attached you can get to them

Our dog just started with the staring, lost, shaking look this week. At 13 we know he wont be here alot longer. They are just like your kids. I am sure he had a fun life up there. My thoughts are with you guys.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

You have mine and Kitty's condolences.

You have my sympathies. I have owned many dogs over the years. Among other pets. It's always hard to give them up.

My grandfather was a vet. And he always said the most rewarding part of the job was when he put down an animal that was obviously struggling or in pain. He said you could always see the relief in their eyes before they went. They get to leave the world painless. Animals aren't like us. They don't adapt like we do. They aren't designed to push through pain and struggle and try to come out the other side no matter what. They will always fight to live. But when a dog can't run, play, or just be a dog anymore. It hurts their soul. You can see it in their eyes and the way they act. They know its time to go, they accept it much easier than we do. And letting them go is hard for us, but it's what they deserve. Only the greedy keep their pets alive long past their time. You did the right thing, and I'm sure your dog thanks you for it.

It certainly does affect a person. You have my sympathies

Prayers for a healing hand upon your heart!! Nothing can replace a good pup, but your memories will be in your heart forever!!

Sorry to hear about your loss. They can certainly become as close to you as anything else in your life could.
Take care.

No words will heal the pain of losing a pet. You have my sympathy.

It's very sad when we loose our pets, they are like family....

So sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart when I read these posts. I can't read them without tearing up.

Sorry about the passing of your dog. It's definitely rough.

-
Back