lost all gears last night in a833od?

-
Well I phoned L.U.K. dosnt look like they are willing to stand behind there product unless there distributor is willing to eat it which is not likely so I ordered a Mcleod. :(

I blew out 2 oem 340 discs just like that. Kapow! out they came and instant vibration. The third one seems to be the charm.
Yours looks to be defective. Check the area around the stress relief holes for spider cracking, and compare it to the non-broken ones.

OK, I will, thanks for the tip, on another note, we just got back from a test run, all is good except for some clutch chatter when engaging into first other than that it shifts well, there is a warning on the wrap the clutch came in saying clutch chatter is normal during break in, on a quick Google search it was suggested that the throw out bearing adjustment could be to close, I set it where I normally do the the bearing was not against the fingers at rest, anyone else experience this on a new clutch?

Did you wipe the PP down with alcohol/brakleener just before assy?
New or used TO bearing?
Organic or metallic disc?
Organics are pretty smooth,right from the get-go. Others are a bit grabby til broken in. My CF II never smoothed out so I pitched it. The 340 OEM disc is sweet, and takes a fair bit of abuse, until it spits a spring out.

Only with some grease or oil on the surfaces or in the clutch lining, or some irregularities in the surface; applies to both race and street clutches. Did you refinish the flywheel surface or rough it up in any way? Never had one say that chatter was normal in the instructions so maybe give it some time; that is all you can do at this point besides pull it or try a TO bearing adjustment (not likely with the way you have it adjusted, IMO).

well we did not remove the bell housing or flywheel for re-surfacing but nor did we the first time it went in, just cleaned it with a Roloc and checked it for flatness with a straight edge, there was no grease or oil on the flywheel as the truck has no leaks and we didn't touch the flywheel with our hands at all, also until the last disc tossed a spring there was no chatter or reason to think we should have turned the flywheel, we did wipe down the flywheel with clean paper towel and there was no grease evident, unfortunately there was no brake clean in our shop the night the new clutch went in or we would have sprayed it down however we are confident the flywheel was clean, I have no idea what Mcleod uses for there disc material but that is a good point, I would think only organic as it isnt a racing clutch just a mild street performer, the new clutch kit came with a new t/o bearing and we did use it, the instructions say " some clutch chatter is normal during break in and no warranty's will be excepted during this time ", so off to the car show it goes tomorrow, ( about 50 miles away ), and there is a 1-800 tech line ( Monday thru Friday, of course ), that I will phone next week and ask, thanks for the help

-
Back