Lost grandma :(

-

mattq

Reaction score
Well grandma was let free after 89 years today at 6:45p.m. She is with papa now (he has been gone for 5 years now) they were both incredible people. Papa was a bomber mechanic during WWII and grandma built wing sections for the p-51 mustang, then they started a dairy farm and started a family. I spent many summers, holidays, and weekends on that farm driving everything and helping everywhere. Sad day but expected, it suckes when a loved one of an era in your life is extinguished. Rest in peace Elva Sanders you will be missed and are loved.
angel.gif

Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

It sounds like they lived a long, fruitful life and for that you all are truly blessed.

Deepest Condolences to you and your family. Remember that she has just gone beyond a door in which you cannot open and you will see her again, God Bless and prayers sent.

My hart goes out to you and your family and many friends she had I bet mattq
She lives inside of you as does my Granma, we was a team together and there is no one that can take our days we had together away from me.
My Condolences mattq

Sorry for your loss, sounds like a very sweet lady, wish your family the best.

Very sorry for your loss, Matt. As Memike said, as long as she lives in your memory & heart she isn't gone. I lost mine in 2004 at the age of 92 and still think about her every day. You sound as though you were fortunate to have her in your life.

They were very hard working people and belived in family taking care of family. When grandpa died grandma could have done a lot of stuff but she had business to care of with her grand kids she is the reason I have my dart, my brother got his hot rod painted, my other brother in college, my cousins starting business etc.etc. She was one hell of lady and she was the best cook on the planet I thought.

The last time I saw my grandma, she said, "You don't learn much from the good times. But just when you feel like things are at their worst, something comes along and lifts you up." That was in 1979, and I still never met anyone like her. We were lucky to know people from that generation. Sorry for your loss.

My condolences to you and your family. I fell for what you are going through, I just lost my grandmother on the first of this month, she was 88. Just try to remember the very best of times that you had with her and your grandfather, and know that they are in peace and together now.

A Grandma's love is like no other.

I am sure you added much happiness to her later years.

My condolensces Matt. We just celebrated my Gramma's 88th birthday on Sunday. Grampa's been gone for 10 years now and she is still persevering. Spent a huge amt of time on their farm and later on at their store they owned. Grampa was the 1st one to show me how to roll cigarettes. LOL Of course I put my own little "twist" on it as I got older. I am truly blessed to have spent the amt of time with them that I have.

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like a great lady and lived a full life. Mike

Our prayers are with you and your family from the Carolina's

Sorry to hear of your family's loss. She sounds like she was devoted to her family, and has impressed upon you all the values of her generation, much of which is sorely lacking today. Living your life with her morals and ethics is probably her greatest dream, and from the sounds of it, your family has done her proud.

Grant

-
Back