Lost Mopars Search

-

684mulas

Reaction score
I bet a lot of members have sold their Mopars over the years and wondered what ever happened to that car. Post your lost Mopar and maybe this thread and the power of the internet will connect some cars with previous owners.

I’ll start with my 69 340 Barracuda. I sold it sometime about 1998 from North Jersey to someone from PA. At the time the car was all original (with exception of the wheels) right down to the paint. Does anyone know if this car is still around and if so is there any information or pictures?

hp03.JPG

my 74 duster sold it it orlando fla (gold duster) green /wht strip down the side , half top white , green inter had 8 1/4 in it new when sold 8 3/4 ac car own it for 23 yrs ( bought it new ) i have some pic but id have to do some serious digging around for them.

Sorry, no photos, but here's the story of the stupidest thing I ever did involving selling a car:
Sold my '69 Dart 340 Swinger at the Pomona Swap Meet in the very early '90s to a guy from Las Vegas. I'd been converting the car from the street to strip only back in the early '80s then went through a divorce but kept the car, house, and kids - just got rid of the 'ex'.
Anyway, car had removable 'glass front fenders and custom snorkel scoop on powerbulge-style 'glass hood, 4" stretched rear wheelwells, frame tied with 2"x3" rectangular steel tube, aluminum-skinned underhood area and interior, lexan windows, 10-point cage, tubbed for 14"x32" slicks, coil-over front suspension, dual batteries and fuel cell in the trunk, and a bunch more.
New owner claimed he would complete the car and then fly me to 'Vegas to drive it the first time out. Of course, I never heard from him again.
Anybody ever see my old Dart in 'Vegas?

well mine is gone for ever. I sold it to a guy he totaled it and then scraped it about 25 years ago. (it was a 74 gold duster snake skin roof).

I sold a 1971 Curious Yellow Twister about 3-4 years ago. It was a 318 / 3 speed, 8 3/4 car I purchased from the orginal owner, all paper work came with it. I put in a 4 speed and added Crager wheels. It was sold to a guy in Raleigh, NC. I found out later he sold it over ebay. He does not have the guys info. that brought it. I have had other cars come and go over the years, but for some reason I can not get this one out of my head. Would love to find it. Sorry no photos.

Bought new October 1969, Husak Brothers Dodge, Dearborn Michigan. 340 auto, black interior, bench seat. Had to sell spring 1971, raising a family.

IMG_0770.jpg

Has Anyone Seen This 1973 Dodge Dart Sport?

I Built It Back In 1977 In York, PA

My_73_Dodge_Dart_2.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_3.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_4.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_9.jpg

My story is a bit odd as well. Back in my early teens I spotted the top of what looked to be a 69 Charger in a field. Long story short bought it for $300 and took it home and started working on it. Body solid and paint was not bad. Installed a new 727, by this point my dad wanted his single car garage back because the car needed more work and I needed more money LOL.
Put the car up for sale for $900 bucks and sold it to a guy in Missassauga Ontario. Two month later I get a call from the cops asking me if I owned a Charger, I told them I sold the car ownership was signed over. The car was left on the side of the road {hwy 401} and never picked up.
A few more months go by and a knock on the door late at night, two cops wanting info on the car. They told me if I go down to the inpound yard and show proof of ownership and pay the impound fees I could have "MY" car back.
So the guy who bought it left it at thge side of the road and never bothered to change ownership...that is a car that I would like to find again.
AL

1972 Dart LH23G2B307811 Ca. license plate 337 GBL

1973 Duster VL29G3B375353 Ca. license plate 726 HYH

Thanks !

Cool thread! I've been harboring my '68 Cuda Fastback for almost 20 years and it had five prior owners (3 of whom never transferred the paperwork) all from Southern California. It would be awesome to talk with any of them.

My first Mopar. A Red 1974 Plymouth Gold Duster (Red with white stripes and white half vinyl top)

It was a factory 318 car with black interior. It was my second car and my first Mopar. Last seen in Jonesboro, Georgia around 1985.

Last known tag number was Georgia plate GET 110
I kept the VIN numbers for years and finally tossed it when I gave up ever seeing my car again but I would know it if I saw it.

What I wouldnt give to have that car back.

Not a lost car but a lost owner. 66 Formula S 4 spd Citron Gold...Ronald W Haupt, Riverdale MD...Charged $4.64 gas in Walthan MASS. 6-11-66

My first car 70 Dart i always regretted selling and wonder if it's still around!:angry7:

Originally yellow with black interior it was wrecked when i bought it replaced the front clip and the engine and drove it for 2 years then sold it to a guy in Carlisle,Pa named Bill who also raced a big block Dart at Carlisle's drag stip. I sold it to him sometime between 92 and 95.
It was primered grey with a snorkle hood scoop and the engine and trans were out of it by then, it had aluminum centerlines on the back and steelies on the front.
I know he sat on it for a while then sold it. Wish i would have kept a copy of the VIN it might be a little easier to find!

Also sold the same guy a 67 Coronet 500, Red with back interior, black vinyl top, it had an A-body console in it and a 440 out of a 68 Chrysler.
This sat in his Barn for a while and was covered in pigeon crap the last time i saw it.
I know he had a fire i beleive it was his garage then moved not to long after that.

My 71 Duster; it was titled as a 72. My best friend helped me build it. It was 440, 4-speed, 4.10 powerlock B-body Dana 60, and front BBP disc brakes when I used to drive it. Before I sold it, I switched it over to front SBP drums, 3.23 powerlock A-body 8 3/4, and 727 w/ manual valve body. The interior was complete except for carpet. My wife sold it for me while I was over in Turkey for a year and a half, while she was still in Summerville, SC. The last 2 pics is what it looked like when it sold. I wish I had more pictures of the headers since I'm going to try to build some similar ones for the Barracuda.

Attachments

• Dana.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 470
  • Ram Rod.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 457
  • Duster 5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 456
  • Duster 2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 448
  • Duster 6.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 457
  • Duster.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 453
Here's two of mine I owned and sold. I lost track of them and was curious how they were holding up. Does anyone here own, or know who owns these now?

First one, 1973 Dart 340 Sport, numbers matching everything. I bought it in 1978, restored it in early 90's. Car appeared in Mopar Muslce in late 90's. I sold it in 2000. Went to a guy in Chicago but he sold to someone in Detriot area.

View attachment Driveway pic.jpg

View attachment Mag Article.jpg

Second car is an all original numbers matching 1968 Baccaruda Formula S, 340 4-speed. Original paint is still on car in picture. I bought this one in 1998 and sold it to a guy in Indianapolis in early 1999. Wished I would have kept this one but Uncle Sam (Air Force) was moving me to Korea and the cost of two cars in storage was more than my military pay could endure.

View attachment 68 Baccaruda Formula S 340_01.jpg

View attachment 68 Baccaruda Formula S 340_03.jpg

I always wonder what happened to my old 67 Belvedere II. Yellow car, black vinyl top, Magnum 500 wheels and big Plymouth stickers on the quarters ala Sox & Martin. Silver Special interior, column auto. Kinda beat up, creased front bumper and damaged rear quarter. Warmed up 273 with an LD4B, headers and a Holley 4bbl. Sold it to a guy named Ernie Scinto from Bridgeport, CT back in the late 90s.

my grandmothers citron gold 1966 barracuda that was totaled in a head on collision on the east river drive in philly pa around 81 or 82 and was sold to someone in the area for parts it was a slant six three on the tree white interior no option car that was supposed to be mine but I never got it

Never mine as I was not born yet but I am looking for a 1970 Dodge Challenger A66 340 4spd plum crazy with white bumble bee stripe, black interior, lugguage rack, rallye hood, rallye dash, no console, no a/c. It was bought new by a friend of my dads in 1970 in Tidewater VA. He was rear ended on his wedding day and it was repaired by the dealer. The paint also peeled off the roof a couple weeks after it was bought but it was repainted by the dealer as well. I really want to find this original car (heard so many stories about it) If not I will be forced to build a clone. It was traded-in in 1971. Last seen then in Tidewater VA.

Attachments

• MarksBad.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 405
Curious is my Dad's 1970 340 Swinger is still around. Plum Crazy with a white vinyl top and rump stripe,black interior,column auto. Dad found the original sales slip. Here's the VIN#

LM23H0R319450

Last seen in late 70/early 71. Believe it was sold to someone in Guelph Ontario.

I sold 2 1970 340 swingers when I bought a house in 1994 ; the dark green stripe delete green vinyl top car went to a guy in Maryland . It had a 72 340 motor in it 5:13 gears in back ( was a former drag car ) .. auto on the column ... when i purchased car in the late 80's , I lifted up the carpet to check the floorboards .. someone had left a 1970 nickel underneath ; thought that was cool so I left it there .. I would love to know if this car was ever restored ... the other car is a FK5 w/white stripe ;
I do know where this one went / currently is ...

Dave

I grew up with a mopar household. Attended my first mopar event when i was a week old in sept 1988. My dad being in the military and alot of the time out to sea, my mom would take me to school in a 1973 plymouth cuda 340 3spd 8.75 rear with 3.23s b5 blue with rallies and blacked out hood black interior with console, and on some days in a 1971 dodge demon 318 3spd white with rallies twin hoods scoops matte black 8.75 rear also with 3.23s blue interior with bench and a gaping hole in the backseat which was covered with a red/white/black striped rug car was rust free. The demon was sold to a guy in jacksonville, FL in 2004 and the cuda was sold on ebay in 2002 in parts due to us fixing rust and never getting it back together but car was complete. These two cars were a large part of my childhood and i would love to have them back and/or know where they are. Im looking for pictures now to post.

Still looking for my '69 340 Barracuda from the first post. I really thought it would be easier to locate since there are so few of them out there.

I would also like to locate the owner of my old '70 440+6, 4 speed, 4.10 Dana Charger. I sold it to him in North Jersey somewhere between '90 to '93 and he restored it as seen in the before and after pictures.

Attachments

• hpqscan0002.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 334
  • hpqscan0010.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 326
My dad had a few mopars back in the day, not sure of the details on most of them.

one was a 71 challenger I think, it was flat black and jacked up on a 70's k-5 chevy blazer frame with big wheels and tires.

I think the body may have been less than perfect and had some drive train problems so they just tossed it on that frame for a fun toy.

also a 72 I believe dodge demon , b5 blue I think, black stripe package, straight axle conversion on cragers I think.

this was back in the late 70's to mid 80's I would say.

they were here in Michigan.

long shot, but maybe someone knows something about them

-
Back