Lost my best friend last night

-
I feel your pain! When we got married my wife had five dogs and three cats. I had two large dogs. Was very interesting around our house! Over the years we had one die of old age and the other six we had to put down as their health failed. We added another after we lost a few her name was Sadie and she was a great dog as she growled when people came around. She never bit anyone but family members were afraid of her so keep people from wanting to stay with us. Life was good! We ended up with a 130lb bloodhound named Charlie Brown real sweet but had a lot of lumps under his skin but just fatty tumors. Sadie got cancer on one front toe that vet removed and talked us in chemo. Sorry we did extended her life about 7 months. Two weeks before we put Sadie down Charlie couldn't keep any food down. Vet did ultrasound and found he was full of cancer. We put him down the next day and two weeks later put Sadie down. All are buried in the back yard. I have tears rolling down my face as I write this. I didn't want any more dogs but my wife rescued two from the pound that were on the kill list. I think these will be the last as my health just won't let me dig graves any more. View attachment 055.jpg

View attachment 062.jpg You have my condolences. Sorry I got carried away. I have read that dogs are the only animal that loves their owner more then themselves.

I am very sorry for your loss! I know how you feel. Its been over 3 years since we lost our lab Lucy, and I still miss her everyday. Dogs truly are man's best friend.

RIP Brody

sorry for your loss. nothing harder than having to put down your beloved dog or h orse, but it can come than time. you will always remember the good times and will always BE A SECIAL plACE In YOUR heart. sorry I hit the caps. stiff fingers.

Sorry to hear of your loss, we lost our beautiful chocolate lab girl Bailey 2 weeks ago to cancer. She went from running around to not eating any food in 3 weeks time. Had her in and out of the vets until they found she had stage five lymphoma in her intestines:sad9: Going to pick up her ashes today and spread them on her favorite walking paths. We are still heartbroken and miss her terribly. She was only 8 years old...

Dave,

I think this is good therapy for me. And good for all of you since you all have been down this road road before. I like reading about your experiences(not the passing away parts). And '67 you are right.
"I have read that dogs are the only animal that loves their owner more then themselves".
Also I don't know if I can get another dog just yet. I know some of you say to get one. We all have a lot of love to give to an animal as they return it back.
Our vet came to our house and put him to sleep. Then a couple came and picked him up. We should get his ashes back in about a week.
We put a photo of Brody with his collar hanging off the picture frame and two candles on our front lawn so the neighborhood would know. He was an institution around here and everybody knew him so we figured this would be the best way to let everyone know instead of being asked all the time where he was. We never thought people would leave things there. Someone left a bottle of Gentleman jack there last night. Other left hawaiian lei's. I will take it down when the candles burn out.
Thanks again you guys. You are the best.

So sorry. Lost mine 5 yrs ago........just not ready for another yet. Worst loss I have ever experienced. Ever. They just give ya unconditional love. I'm still not over her.

Do a search for the "Rainbow Bridge" and read it. It'll make you feel better. I just hope it comes true...

You WILL feel better soon. You won't forget, but it gets better.

yeah...we put our little Rat Terrier to sleep about a month ago..He was 17 yrs 9 months ago...He had gotten so senile ....I still call his name while walking around the house..

It's always very sad to me when you lose a pet, and my heart goes out to you, and Rob, and all of us who have lost pets recently! People who've never had a pet will never know what true, unconditional love really is! They are more than just an animal in the house, they care so much for their people, bring so much joy and love to your heart, and are always there to comfort you, celebrate with you, and ask for very little in return!! May your puppy rest in peace, in his new favorite spot, and as usual he will wait for you forever if that's what it takes to love you once again!!!

We've only had Max for a little over 2 years now. (He's in my avatar) That big dope makes me laugh every single day. Having said that I don't know what this house would be like without him. So I can only imagine your feelings right now.
They say that a pet is the only family member that you can pick so try to find some comfort knowing that you picked a great one.

Ted, Mary & Max

We've only had Max for a little over 2 years now. (He's in my avatar) That big dope makes me laugh every single day. Having said that I don't know what this house would be like without him. So I can only imagine your feelings right now.
They say that a pet is the only family member that you can pick so try to find some comfort knowing that you picked a great one.

Ted, Mary & Max

I didn`t read all these posts, " know how you feel ", had to put my big Rottweiler down a couple of yrs back. still miss him, even if I do have 2 other dogs now !

-
Back