Lost my best friend

-

Xcptshnl1

Reaction score
I've been at my Mom and Dad's all week. I went to a wake and a funeral.
I lost a very good friend that I'd known for over 40 years to Lung Disease .

She had been in Prysby. Hospital in Pittsburg, Penn., awaiting a lung transplant. Her doctors told her family,..."if she could hold on until July 4th weekend, she'd probably have a donor." She had been fighting cystic fibrosis for over 10 years. She was put onto life support on the 29th of June and 10 minutes later she was brain dead. :pale:

She had told her family she did not want anyone else to die for her sake. When asked ,"Anyone else?" She said without hesitation, "Christ died for me." O:)
10 minutes later ...:cry:

Her name was Sarah. I'd known here since we were 4 years old in kindergarten back in the summer of '69. I was in her wedding 26 years ago. She leaves behind a big brother, her husband of 26 years, 2 married daughters and 2 sons still at home, 4 grand children and many nieces and nephews and many, many friends.
She had been a counselor with Job Corps for 20 years. She was a beautiful person inside and out. She was a 6' tall redhead that had a smile that would melt the coldest of hearts. It is so ironic that as a child, Sarah had been in the school band since 4th grade and she played the trumpet, to have died fighting for every breath.
Sarah was born on March 12, 1965 to her parents who have long since passed away; buried on Friday July 3rd beside them. She now rests on top of Dobbin's Peak Mountain, in Clay County West Virginia, where her Great- great-great-great grandfather first came to that part of Virginia back in 1810.
The chimney of the old 1810 home stead still looks over the 7th generation now peacefully lying there.

I will miss her so.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Good friends are hard to come by and life-long friends are the hardest to lose.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend (who sounds more like a sister besides being a friend). Your story and memories of her are touching. Hang in there.

God bless you, your friend, and her family. I will remember you all in my prayers.

My deepest sympathies I am sorry to hear this Mary, You have been very busy and hart broken I am sure
I have lost two great friends this year and we raced stock cars together and with my son to.
It is hard to see things like this happen in our live's
My family and friends know I have had a life that know other can compare to, I have been blest with a great family and the good lord gave me some great skills to make my life full.
I have dun and seen things that would take most people three life times to see and enjoy.
I take it one day at a time and wake up in a new world every day "Or I try to" Sorry for your loss Mary.
Keep a smile on for her, she would want it that way sister.
Your Arkansas brother Mike S.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent tonight.
It's a trip we all must take when called upon. As my Dad aged I often asked how he was doing and his response was always "old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative".

Of course at her age she was why too young to go.

RIP

Sorry To Hear About Your Loss! A Real True Friend Is Hard To Come By These Days...

sorry to hear. but now shes in jesus,s hands and all her suffering has been lifted and now she,s probably worried about us.condolences to your and her families.

Sorry for your loss, your story is a beautiful tribute to your friend. Cystic Fibrosis is a awful disease I had a nephew that died from it in 1980 at the age of 7. My prayers are with you and her family.

So sorry to hear about your dear friend Sarah's passing. Friends are often closer to us than our own familys They are a part of our hearts and lives. She is safe in the arms of Jesus and at rest & no longer suffering.

We will all be praying for her family & for you as you deeply miss your sweet friend Sarah.

John

My grandparents once told me that, for Christians, a wake was more of a celebration of the believer passing into eternity. So, there is always sorrow at the loss from amongst us, but look at what they have gained.

God Bless. My prayers go out to the family.
My wife is going to a funeral today for a friend who passed on Monday after a 2 year battle with breast cancer. 48 y.o.:angry7:

Heart felt condolences go out to you. I've lost all of 4 very best friends.
I find sharing those memories of fun times with my new found friends helps.
If you keep them in your heart they are never really gone.

My condolences to you, your friends and her family. May god rest her soul.

Sorry for your loss. A friend of mine died in the spring. I had known him since kindergarden. We grew apart over the years and different schools and moves. When I got the news and went to the wake it brought back a lot of memories. We were best friends in grade school, went out on Halloween together etc. ........I did a lot of reflecting about my friends, our age......I feel for you. Hang in there.

:heart:I want to send out a heartfelt thank you to you all. Yes, she is in a better placeO:) and is no longer suffering. :cry:

She was only here for 44 years, 3 months and 17 days. But, her memory will never die. :angel4:

Her passing got me to think about my own mortality. :-k

:home: ~ Mary Catherine

:heart:I want to send out a heartfelt thank you to you all. Yes, she is in a better placeO:) and is no longer suffering. :cry:

She was only here for 44 years, 3 months and 17 days. But, her memory will never die. :angel4:

Her passing got me to think about my own mortality. :-k

:home: ~ Mary Catherine

Condolences. Last month I was visiting my friend out of town and went to wake him up to say goodbye as I was leaving. He didn't budge and was snoring really loud, I figured he was just tired. They called me a few hours later to say he was dead from an overdose, he had been depressed about a recent breakup. Only 44 as well.

I'm also 44, gets me thinking too.

-
Back