Lost on won and done,then crashed

-
they told us he made t.v. gold! on the pass that was being filmed for the show, he took out 3 cameras. lol the crash was a few hours after he was being filmed. we both were wondering if anyone at the track got the crash on video. i personally was already running towards the finish line before he hit the wall, i could tell there was no recovering from this one.

they told us he made t.v. gold! on the pass that was being filmed for the show, he took out 3 cameras. lol the crash was a few hours after he was being filmed. we both were wondering if anyone at the track got the crash on video. i personally was already running towards the finish line before he hit the wall, i could tell there was no recovering from this one.
Man tv gold then need to cut him in on some gold then . lol Im sure some one has the crash on tape . You should post a wanted Ad in the GD froum some of are members are Crazy good at finding stuff on the net lol Im beting it made youtube some where .

The pic of the strut rod break at the lower control arm looks like there may have been issues before impact.
Was it cracked there ?
I might be seeing things , but it looks like rust and discoloration outside the shear / snap area.
I have seen torsion bars break , but not a strut rod.
Just struck me as odd.

here is one of his runs at speedworld. straight as a arrow. im really wondering why it got squirly, maybe low or old slicks? oil down earlier in the night? strange it ran bad, then good 2x, then crash. do you remember what lanes you ran in each pass?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijDbT3Wohk&list=UU2UfycLWJQRo0DnRrnW3KxQ&index=36"]Mark - YouTube[/ame]

I did make my own strut rods,but you can tell the not very good welds were broken fresh from impact.

his first 2 squirly runs were in the left lane, then a good run in left lane. then a good run in right lane, then crash run was in right lane.

How far away from the weld on the strut did it break? In my tool & die profession I've seem where welding on certain types of steel cause it to become brittle just past the welding heat point.

Pretty sure I found the problem,left slick had a hole in it.Tires only had about 20 passes on them.I keep my pressure at 10lbs and check them pretty close.The two straight passes were within 10 minets of each other.I then waited a hour for the last run,added 2lbs to tire that had the hole in it,thought it might be a little low because it was in the shade.Had to wait for 45 min in line and didnt check it again.Who knows where it was at on that last pass.Might explain why the first pass was bad also because of the filming wait time.I will allways have someone check tires just before I go to the burnout box in the future.

Pretty sure I found the problem,left slick had a hole in it.Tires only had about 20 passes on them.I keep my pressure at 10lbs and check them pretty close.The two straight passes were within 10 minets of each other.I then waited a hour for the last run,added 2lbs to tire that had the hole in it,thought it might be a little low because it was in the shade.Had to wait for 45 min in line and didnt check it again.Who knows where it was at on that last pass.Might explain why the first pass was bad also because of the filming wait time.I will allways have someone check tires just before I go to the burnout box in the future.

wow... your always all over the tire pressure...

Sorry to hear this. Just watched you run at mats. looks like it was running good there. best of luck putting it back together.

Going to break the bead tomorrow and see if the piece of whatever is inside.I dont run tubes,,wonder if I could still use these tires with tubes in them.Going to call Bogart wheels and see if they can straighten rear wheel,.lip is in just under 1/4 inch for about 3 inches.Mad Max/6

This is a bummer but glad you are ok and glad you are gong to fix it. It is such a cool and unusual machine. Good luck with the repairs.

BTW, I watch a lot of drag racing video's on you tube with my 4 & 6 yr old grandsons and they always beg me to find crash videos. :) I always feel bad for the guys who damage their race cars. Good luck.

I noticed a rack and pinion. Who's front suspension are you running?

Sorry about the car too hope you get her back together and back out there

Rear steer rack out of a toyota Corrola.My own idea and fab.Hasnt given me any issues with over 400 runs on it.Car has been 10.57 @128 mph.Mark

Mark, I sure am sorry to see this. So glad you were not hurt. You have a ton of work in that car. Do you think it's going to live?

Hell yes,front rails dont look bent,rear is definately over a inch or so.Will get it on friends frame machine once I get front suspension parts sorted.In the middle of moveing so timeing couldnt be worse.Might be a couple months.Mark

Glad to hear you,ll be fixing your car.It,s one of a kind that you,ve put a lot of hard work into.Will be watching for progress in the future.

Dang it! I just talked to you before you made the run! One of the wildest cars at the track. Im glad they picked you for the show though, sucks this had to happen.. Get it fixed and come cheer me on as i go for me third win on the show!

I'm glad to see you're ok and the car is just a car. It was made - it can be remade!Tire pressure will do it when it's not the same side to side. Might want to do something about those strut rods too.. But at least the hit was more of a rub so it's mostly cosmetic impact rather than breakage. It could have been a lot worse.

-
Back