Love these guys.......... ONLY $8000!!!

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
I was replying on a thread just the other day and I was joking about how people around here (Peoples Republic of Maryland or PRM) want BIG $'s for sacked out rusted up 4 door, slant cars. Well, case in point........................

http://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/5201676487.html

If this car is worth 8K, my Valiant is worth at least 16K. Would someone please come buy my car for 16K??? :wack:

Hey! Look at all that FREE BONUS ORGANIC MATERIAL you're getting on the rear decklid with your $8000 purchase.

Light weight 7 1/4 rear end so OPEC doesn't get all your hard earned cash, and they were saving the environment by using biodegradable steel instead of the energy intensive produced aluminum Feather Duster panels. AND, it's a four door instead of the two door prius, so you can get the kids in the back seat without throwing out your back or bashing your head.

Did I miss anything?

AUTOMATIC! MORDOORS! PATINA! 2 BARREL CARB! BARN FIND ORIGNAL DUST! All the SUPER Rare options!

you have his number!!>>>>??????

If you take in to account dollar inflation, isn't 8k basically what the msrp was for that car brand new?

I see ads like that all the time. there was a guy locally trying to sell a 1972 Scamp with a slant six and manual trans with flintstones floor pans and a roof that had turned to swiss cheese under the vinyl top. he wanted $6,500 and it was on craigslist for over a year. He had stressed in the ad that it was a "rare scamp model" and he knew what it was worth. lol.

This kinda prices are typical over here illinois , chicago land area . Everybody wants insane amounts of money for crap . At lest that is my experience over here . I mean **** I bought my 73 dart sport here for 4 grand and it was total crap . But I didint know any better at that time . Learned my lesson

This kinda prices are typical over here illinois , chicago land area . Everybody wants insane amounts of money for crap . At lest that is my experience over here . I mean **** I bought my 73 dart sport here for 4 grand and it was total crap . But I didint know any better at that time . Learned my lesson

It's the same in central Ohio.

I think what happens is these idiots feed off each other

Crackhead whon says "how much should I ask" and does a search

Crackhead Teuw has an ad for a moredoor at 4K

Crackhead Whon sees that and figures HE can get 5K

Crackhead ThuREE comes along and sees the 5K and HE thinks MY car must be worth AT LEAST 6.5..........and on..........and on.........

Up it to $38K and you get torn seats and faded-rust colored-hidden by floor mats-carpet.

http://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/5235348443.html

Yeah, when someone is attached to a car the price can be quite unrealistic. Just went through that while buying a car for my daughter from a guy who had put allot of love into his car. He actually stated that in his ad. After bidding him less than it was really worth he came back at a realistic price and we bought it. Process took three days.

Nice looking Duster you showed, I would offer him $4800. The whitewalls turned inside out are a nice touch too. Looks like they butchered the K-member pretty good too.

If you take in to account dollar inflation, isn't 8k basically what the msrp was for that car brand new?

$2500ish new, money is supposed to double every 7 years, so car should be worth $160K based on time value of money.

Jesus these prices are out there. I bought my car a 72 scamp, 12 year old resto with only 1000KM on it for a hair over 9G canadian. That's with a built 340 rated by builder at 380HP, built 727, built 8-3/4. Body in decent shape, solid underneath, some bubbling on 12 year old paint. But generally good to go. I drove it home 500+ km the day I bought it. And the thing comes with a folder full of a stack of receipts about 4 inches tall of all the work done. The guy kept everything. Old appraisals. Engine work. Ball joints. Hell even receipts for oil.

I honestly chalk it up to idiots watching too much barret jackson. They watch and think:

"Well ****, mine out back is only two years older and only has two more doors and two less cylinders. So that two plus two, minus two, means it's worth 2/3 as much!"

I guess that big ding in the back of the air cleaner helps increase flow directly into the carb for better a/f ratio. Obviously.

-
Back