low key a/c?

-

74valiant

Reaction score
im wondering if there is a kit with a smaller a/c pump that is maybe low mount to obscure it. also smaller hoses and everything in general.

if you want to, check out my build thread. i did something very similar using the classic auto air kit asa starting point.

Bouchillon Performance also has some options as well.

dusterbd13:

Did you finally solve the belt issue with your A/C setup? I seem to recall you were getting about 200 feet before you tossed the belt off. Or was that someone else?

B.

yes, i did. wound up refabbing the brackets and tensioner. now the belt only comes off if i bounce the rev limiter at 7k too much. regular driving, its fine. check out the build thread for how i finally solved the problem.

thanks dusterbd13 thats exactly what im looking for. im wondering if there is any a/c lines that are smaller.

dont know. i guess you could. id talk with the guys at bouchillon, or at classic auto air.
you could hardline almost all of it and it would be a smaller diameter, and more easily hidden.
in my case, the rubber lines fit the build style better.

the whole mounting setup was trying and aggrevating, but totally worth it in the end.
michael

I want the compressor located lower right but the mechanical fuel pump will have to go.
That will allow running hard lines along the frame rail similar to a FWD ( 96 Camry for example ).
I'm looking closely at 95 Jeep Cherokee for single fuel line type delivery, tank with electric pump, and integrated regulator.. Then the spare tire well has to go and a space saver spare fastened down in the trunk.
One thing leads to another. Lots of measuring to do.

-
Back