Lower BJ Replacement

-

/6 Matt

30 Degrees Crooked
Reaction score
So the lower ball joints on my Dart in my sig is bad. I can't justify paying $200+ at Autozone for ball joints just because they come attached to that...... "thing"

BTW, what are the things the lower ball joints pressed into called? It's not control arms or the spindle... Steering knuckle? Steering arm? I can't get proper terminology going here.

So yeah, I'm not spending money to buy a ball joint and a new steering thingy since my old steering thingys are still good. Does any company out there just make the balljoint itself that you can press in and out of the steering thingys?

If so, how do you press out/in the balljoint?

Thanks in advance guys.

LOL The steering arm is intrigal to the ball socket housing ( cast as 1 ) . If they weren't we might find 1 part for both sides, like our upper ball joints.
Good luck with whatever you do.

So it's a steerign arm!!! Ok. And the ball joint is integral with the steering arm...... great. :banghead:

Do you have front disc brake or drum brakes?

Cause there is a big difference in price....drum brake ball joints are alot cheaper then the disc brake ball joints.

RockAuto carries Moog for $124, is that a good brand? I still feel like I'm getting @$$raped....

We offer the lower ball joints for $50 each if you are interested for a drum brake car and with all of our parts it comes with a lifetime limited warranty.

Thanks
James

-
Back