Lower Control Arm Bracing?

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
I have seen here on FABO folks that have braced the lower control arm with a plate. Are these available somewhere or did folks fabricate them?
Are they needed?

John B.

I made mine with 1" strap steel.

For a stock suspension, it's not needed.

I've ran 1 1/8" sway bars and now 1 1/4" sway bar. It puts some extra load on the LCA bracket. Was it "needed"? I don't think anything would be damaged without them. But I have the car setup for handling and I knew I would be doing in more intense stuff in the future.

Actually my main concern was clamping the looseness of the halves of the LCA around the adjuster/bushing pivot. Some get real loose over time.

LwrCntls.jpg

I don't think they are needed unless you are realy in to road racing or auto cross and do it a lot. I would make my own if I were to do it.

I think it would help...I would do it just cuz the plates look kool. lol Here's mine:

9q9vyt.jpg

Those do look cool mopardude318! I always like the cool factor! I think adding a little stiffness will go a long way too!

Thanks for the replies folks!!!!

John B.

Bracing the lower control arms should be beneficial to any car in reducing deflection in the front suspension without affecting the ride or adding any significant weight, even a dedicated drag car might see an improvement.
While it may be difficult to quantify the improvement, there's no down-side and as mentioned previously, it does look cool.

-
Back