Lower steering column seal?

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a lower steering column seal for my 66 Dart cheaper than $40?

New steering column bushing for non-column shifted 1962 to 1965 Mopar cars now available from Mopar fan!
Dave writes: The bushings are made from Delrin, which is many times more durable than the OEM plastic. They are machined so you get a full 2 inch penetration into the column for a tighter “feeling” wheel, and the flange is machined to match the flare at the bottom of the column which gives it a very clean, finished, look. They are truly works of art. I make these in my spare time and am not a manufacturer or... I do this to keep busy, to help fellow rodders, and make a little change. They are $29.95 + S and H. Contact Dave at [email protected] or 919-845-8903.
When you contact a vendor listed here, please tell them you saw their listing on the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Web Site! Thanks

copied from another site,

Yeah, I ended up paying the $40 at RT Specialties when I got mine. I agree, it seemed way overpriced. I needed one though, so I forked it over.

Thanks so much for the info about the other source - that's great info!!!

Check to see what you have before ordering. Theres a few different one. Mine was just a plastic bushing that doesnt seem to do anything.

New steering column bushing for non-column shifted 1962 to 1965 Mopar cars now available from Mopar fan!
Dave writes: The bushings are made from Delrin, which is many times more durable than the OEM plastic. They are machined so you get a full 2 inch penetration into the column for a tighter “feeling” wheel, and the flange is machined to match the flare at the bottom of the column which gives it a very clean, finished, look. They are truly works of art. I make these in my spare time and am not a manufacturer or... I do this to keep busy, to help fellow rodders, and make a little change. They are $29.95 + S and H. Contact Dave at [email protected] or 919-845-8903.
When you contact a vendor listed here, please tell them you saw their listing on the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Web Site! Thanks

copied from another site,

I emailed Dave & he said the ad is old. The price is now $49.95 + shipping.

I put one of those pieces made from delrin in my 66 - a beautiful piece and much more functional than the crappy rubber deal mopar used. I have a like new oem repro rubber seal, if interested, pm me.

I emailed Dave & he said the ad is old. The price is now $49.95 + shipping.

Good old American capitalism at work! Charge what the traffic will bear. Wish I had seen that original ad back when. But when ya need it, and the suppliers are limited, that's when the basic "law of supply and demand" comes into play.

-
Back