Lowest Fuel Price you have ever paid?

-

BigWhip

New to Mopar land
Reaction score
Just curious.

What is the lowest you can remember paying for a gallon of gas,
the year, and location?

Mine : $016.9, 1972 Florida during a local "gas war".

BW

In 1971 i worked in a gas station in sacramento, ca., price was 24.9 for regular.

29.9 for 102 octane premium.

btw went i started i was getting paid 1.50 an hour...

In 1987, I paid .64 for about half the summer. You could still by leaded gas at the pump.

In 2001, in south texas, I paid $0.39/gallon because of a local gas war between 2 stations. Average price around there was about $0.89/gallon at the time..

For my B $ S engine I used to run on the lawn on a stand I built (I was 10 and the go kart was still being built) was 49.9 in 1974. My neighbors really thought I was nuts !! LOL!! They finally complained enough that I rigged up the garden hose to the exhaust to quiet it down .... you ever hear the term "just smart enough to be dangerous" ?? Dad used to mutter it all the time LOL!!!!

I'm only 29 years old but when i first moved to South Carolina in 1998, I was paying $0.67!! I could run my new neon all week on $8 worth of gas. Oh, and Camels were only costing me $1.50 a pack. Those were the days!!!

I remember in the early seventies my Dad would send me to the gas station to get a gallon of gas for the mower and a pack of cigarettes for him and one dollar bill to cover the cost of both.

I remeber a gas war in town when the price of gas was $0.25 per gallon. This was in the late 70s in Alberta so consider also that an Imperial gallon is 20% bigger than a US gallon.

1971,in Salem,Mo. I had a '67 Fiat 650,and at 17.9 for reg. and 19.9 for prem. bone dry,it would,nt hold a dollars worth.

Was stationed at Carswell AFB Ft Worth Tx in 70/71 and during a gas war the lowest is got was 15.9c/gal. Could fill up my /6 71 Demon for less than $2.00.

When I first started driving, it was .21 cents a gallon.
I was pissed when it went over .50 cents a gallon. Now I'm
happy it's down to $3.29 here how.

21.9 was the usual in 71-72.........and a pack of Old Gold's were 35 cents........I could put in 5 gallons of gas and get a pack of weeds for around a buck and a half.............

Except for the shape of my lungs, those were the good ol' days. 8)

IN 1969 I was nine, on way to sundayschool in Richmond Indiana and a gas war was going on, was19.9 on way to church and 16.9 on way back, I remember this cause my dad made a comment about how he hoped it would go down even more and it did, to 15.9 which I never seen but later he told me it did, but I saw 16.9 with my own eyes. then in 1976 when I was 16 I had a 64 ply fury ex-hi-po car with 383 and gas was 52.9 and could fill it up for less than 5 bucs plus money left over for pop -chips-rubbers etc. Damn those were the goooood ole days.

1972 Watertown SD 16.9 cents per gallon and a free Sinclair Dinosaur Soap with a tankful! It happened to be a gas war there too. As I recall the normal price was a whopping 32.9 in other areas at the time.

Hard to believe that $3.00 gas seems like a bargain. 19.9 cents/gal in 72' or 73' during a gas war. That's the kind of wars we need!! toolmanmike

.32 a gallon and THEY pumped it, and cleaned the windshield and checked the oil !!! That was back in '73 when I got my license... Then I remember the big oil embargo a year or so later and it went up over a $1 a gallon and we had long lines, and had to fuel on odd or even days, depending on the last digit of your license plate ... I worked for my uncle and we had cars and vans that HAD to be filled every day, so we had to swap license plates to fill up every afternoon... I hope THOSE days are gone forever !!!

.32 a gallon and THEY pumped it, and cleaned the windshield and checked the oil !!! That was back in '73 when I got my license... Then I remember the big oil embargo a year or so later and it went up over a $1 a gallon and we had long lines, and had to fuel on odd or even days, depending on the last digit of your license plate ... I worked for my uncle and we had cars and vans that HAD to be filled every day, so we had to swap license plates to fill up every afternoon... I hope THOSE days are gone forever !!!

I worked at a Sunoco gas station at that time, pumped the gas, cleaned the windows, checked the oil, and remember the long lines with odd/even plate days. It was a real eye opener when gas went up 300%. Back then cars from the 50`s would still roll in from time to time. Finding the gas tank cap on some of those cars was a job in itself. LOL!

4 cents a gallon with ration cards in 45 with Mom.....still got some of the A cards....

11-15 gal through 50-60s

In late 69 I swore I would never go into DC on Fri nights again when it cost more than 5 bucks to fill the L88 Vette I had at the time. Also swore to stop drinking and smoking when a pack of Camels and a bottle of Bud got over a dollar for both...served over the bar full retail :cheers:

-
Back