Loyalty at all cost and 4 legs (mostly)

-

JeffisOld

Old, Ugly and generally Disagreeable!
Reaction score
Puppies.jpg
I am not sure how manyof you folks are pet owners. I have been a dog person all my life!

Reptiles - not so much. Cats or birds either. I could deal with a pig I believe though!!!

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I share pictures of my buddies. My wife is without a doubt my best friend in the world but these knuckleheads are right up there!

On the Left is "Sawyer", a mix of Bichon Friese and Shitzu. This little sucker my wife bought to give her a lap dog and he adopted me. The Lab's name is Gunny" and I lost him to Cancer last June. The curly Labradoodle is a true Blonde in any way you might a blonde. Her nam is Shelby.

Dogs are great.....loyalty, best buddy (wife is best friend), listens to you, knows when you feel bad...on and on. Here is Charlie a Lhasa Apso. We found him as a stray on a golf course. He had several health problems, had been on the run a long time. We had him for eight years, very attached to the wife. Three years ago he went to stay with the mother in law while the wife had a hip replacement. He's still there, we can't seem to get him back. All good though, he walks the MNL several times a day, and gives her something to take care of.

Charlie resting after running.jpg

Nice looking dogs!

Here’s our dog Sparky. He is a 3 year old boxer/jack russel mix with some other bits mixed in. We rescued him a few months ago and he is part of the family now. 30lbs of athletic energy and love...

8E712775-8617-4CE0-98FF-D9114EEBECBD.jpeg

F6122488-957E-42D3-A009-4525FD28B0E9.jpeg
14B43A76-CC5F-412B-AE74-61F9ABBEF82B.jpeg

A513CE3D-6DA4-47C6-8113-DAB47E9F65EB.jpeg

Yes... Love my Chocolate...GUNNER...He used to fetch all my Geese and Ducks, but now, with a bad shoulder, he is relegated to the pool and the Frisbee. Although, I can't trow it much, anymore, or he's hurtin. 8 1/2 years old now... I'll be REALLY Sad when I lose him...
Htc touch pro pictures 034.jpg
067.jpg
007.JPG
001 (4).jpg
093.jpg
IMG_2084.JPG
20130622_174930.jpg

Here's Gunner's girlfriend. Ol' girl is 11 years old and got some hip issues but her fat *** still seems to love life. She's a hottie..
20150801_103522.jpg

20161123_124204.jpg

You guys are making me miss my Rhodesian Ridgeback best-buddy, Brady, even more!
I had to put him down last June at 11 years old due to kidney failure. Worse day ever.
He was a rescue that we'd had for 9+ years and was the absolute best of the 3 Ridgebacks we've had over the years.
My wife rescued a Brittany Spaniel runt (only 13 lbs.) a couple of months ago from the local animal control so she could have a lap dog - not even the same as my Ridgeback buddies from the past. And to top it all, I think this dog was abused by males in the past because all it does whenever it sees me is quiver. I don't know what it would do if I got another Ridgeback.

A picture of my two bitches relaxing! Black lab mix (on the left), best dog we ever had, was a rescue dog, she lived till age 15.

100_2720.jpg

You want to know what true love is? Lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your Dart, go to town and have breakfast with your best friend. Come back in 2 hours, open the trunk and see which one is glad to see you!!!!

Put my last friend down a few years back. Lab pit mix.
I just don't have it in me to get another friend and do it again.
Done it to many times in my life.

Put my last friend down a few years back. Lab pit mix.
I just don't have it in me to get another friend and do it again.
Done it to many times in my life.
Mine was a Lab-German Shepherd- Pit mix. Best friend we ever had. I agree with you, they just don't live long enough. My Lab is buried in the front yard with a head stone. I can't do this again. She died in 2015.

Here's our rescue pup Bella, the poorest, most neglected dog in the history of dogdom. Never gets treats, or tummy rubs, has to sleep on a cold slab of concrete, eat scraps that the cat throws out, walks uphill to school both ways without shoes....just a shame really!!

Wait, that's my story, she gets all the attention, more love and tummy rubs than all other dogs combined, and sleeps in anybody's spot that will warm it up for her!! A more spoiled dog has never been seen!!

IMG_4173.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

Had dogs all my life. Well, except for the three years I spent in England. The wife who didn't want to go to England so she divorced me kept the dog we had. All three of our current dogs are rescues. Got Leo the Lab from when he was 6 months old from an old couple who thought they wanted a puppy. He's about to be 11 years old. The pit mix came from the SPCA after Leo lost his Chihuahua buddy, and the black one we rescued in November from the middle of the road. We had him scanned for a chip and contacted his owners. Turns out his owners left him with relatives (20 miles from us) when they were stationed in Japan with the Marines. The relatives wouldn't answer the phone when they kept calling and they asked us to keep him. He was 75 lbs and all bit up when we got him, just took him to the vet and he's now obese at 107 pounds (oops!!) Well, he was hungry.

Leo PA.jpg

Leo and Ziggy on stairs.jpg

IMG_20171122_210912555.jpg

IMG_20171108_205735947.jpg

Here's my 2 Shitzoos.....Buster and Prissy. Buster is the gray one. He lives for Milk Bones, and is scared of his own shadow! Prissy is the little gold and white one. I call her my 9 lb. bully. She is just the opposite of Buster.....ain't afraid of nothing!
Buster and Prissy.JPG

Here's our rescue pup Bella, the poorest, most neglected dog in the history of dogdom. Never gets treats, or tummy rubs, has to sleep on a cold slab of concrete, eat scraps that the cat throws out, walks uphill to school both ways without shoes....just a shame really!!

Wait, that's my story, she gets all the attention, more love and tummy rubs than all other dogs combined, and sleeps in anybody's spot that will warm it up for her!! A more spoiled dog has never been seen!!

View attachment 1715139508

View attachment 1715139516

View attachment 1715139517

View attachment 1715139518
You obviously do dog-parenting right! If they ain't spoiled as hell, you're doing it wrong. I'd trade lives with my critter in a heartbeat!

You obviously do dog-parenting right! If they ain't spoiled as hell, you're doing it wrong. I'd trade lives with my critter in a heartbeat!

I'd like to say Bella isn't spoiled, but she gets ice cream every night, and we spoon feed it to her! Just so she doesn't eat it all in one bite, don't you know!!

Here's our Westies Sammy & Luna. Sammy is our first dog, he will be 8 in April. Obsessed with balls, loves to eat just about anything you put in front of him. Last night we actually found something he doesn't like, lettuce. Luna is 2 and a half. She's the snuggly one. She loves to be picked up and she'll curl up and go to sleep in my arms or on my lap. She has a habit of jumping up on our bed. I woke up one morning with her asleep curled around my head.

21740046_1426102560836174_7233257186188195800_n.jpg

20170212_104422.jpg

B9A99ED3-97CA-4643-8E75-AD1C377FD81E.jpeg
5F1B4065-73AD-4454-82BE-3F9BFB3BB9DC.jpeg
DC87A906-2562-4664-99EF-E572AAD2A72A.jpeg
A83BCDF9-3AF4-4F60-8F34-AF6F31A034A0.jpeg

Here’s our Lucy. We rescued her from the pound 5 years ago. The vet said Lucy was probably living on the street for over a year. She was so afraid of my car, I thought she would bite me when I first tried to take her home. She refused to jump in my SUV. The wife started crying because I told her I wouldn’t get bitten by the dog while I was trying to save it. The wife begged me to try picking the dog up and putting it in the car, so I did while the dog was growling the whole time. By the time we got home (5 miles away), the dog peed, pooped and vomited in the car (thanks Lucy!), but I didn’t get bit. Now she still hates the cars, but she loves us to death. She loves getting dressed up and the wife loves buying outfits for her. We got the dog for the wife, but Lucy thinks she is my wife. Her only problem is that she is overprotective of us. She bit several friends and family (usually in the ***) without any warning whatsoever. Now we keep a muzzle on her during our family/friend parties here in the summer. That’s drives her crazy - being around all that food but not being able to eat anything because of the muzzle.

View attachment 1715139808 View attachment 1715139809 View attachment 1715139810 View attachment 1715139811
Here’s our Lucy. We rescued her from the pound 5 years ago. The vet said Lucy was probably living on the street for over a year. She was so afraid of my car, I thought she would bite me when I first tried to take her home. She refused to jump in my SUV. The wife started crying because I told her I wouldn’t get bitten by the dog while I was trying to save it. The wife begged me to try picking the dog up and putting it in the car, so I did while the dog was growling the whole time. By the time we got home (5 miles away), the dog peed, pooped and vomited in the car (thanks Lucy!), but I didn’t get bit. Now she still hates the cars, but she loves us to death. She loves getting dressed up and the wife loves buying outfits for her. We got the dog for the wife, but Lucy thinks she is my wife. Her only problem is that she is overprotective of us. She bit several friends and family (usually in the ***) without any warning whatsoever. Now we keep a muzzle on her during our family/friend parties here in the summer. That’s drives her crazy - being around all that food but not being able to eat anything because of the muzzle.

Dogs who are rescued tend to be highly protected of who saved them. My last 6 dogs have all been rescues. The toughest dog to get under control was a little chihuahua/pug mix we found in a parking lot. My wife thought he was going to be her little lap dog. When I finally caught him after a 25 minute chase he bit me on the finger. He was scared to ride in the car. Still barfs every now and then if I feed him less than 6 hours before we leave.

This little dog literally sat on the couch for two weeks and growled at us. Obviously he had been on the street for a while and had been abused. Then the light when on in his little head and he figured out he hit the doggie lottery and became my lap dog. He sleeps with us. And takes up half the bed.

Rescue dogs know they've been saved. And pay you back an hundred fold.

View attachment 1715139808 View attachment 1715139809 View attachment 1715139810 View attachment 1715139811

What a super dog Lucy looks to be, and what a great rescue story! She looks so cute in her little coat, although it doesn't look like she shares that sentiment! She reminds me of our dog, and they look a lot alike!! What a great pup!!

My Malamute I could trust with anyone but not other dogs. Cancer victim at 13 yr.

upload_2018-2-8_12-9-43.png

Now these two long hair Chihuahuas we have, both are like Jeckyll and Hyde!

upload_2018-2-8_12-31-14.png

My Malamute I could trust with anyone but not other dogs. Cancer victim at 13 yr.

View attachment 1715139839

Now these two long hair Chihuahuas we have, both are like Jeckyll and Hyde!

View attachment 1715139843
There are two beautiful Malamutes in our neighbourhood, Chloe and Bear. Lovely dogs with great dispositions. Even Sammy likes them and he can be difficult with big dogs.

Sometimes the poets (in this case, Lord Byron) nail it. His dog's epitaph:

Near this Spot
are deposited the Remains of one
who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices

-
Back