Lucille Ball Centennial, Saturday, Aug. 6th

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lucille Ball, one of the world's greatest comediennes, would have been 100 years old tomorrow. Surprisingly, she was 40 when "I Love Lucy" (which celebrates its 60th anniversary) first started on CBS. Althought the original half-hour comedy show was only on six years (1951-57), it's been on almost continually in syndication ever since with some classic comedy routines.
What's your favorite?

Attachments

• Lucy.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 121
Don't think I've watched a full episode of that show since I was a kid. But I'll always remember the episode where she got drunk doing a TV commercial for Vita-vita-vegamin, and then there was her job in the candy factory where she couldn't keep up with the speed of the candy coming off the conveyor belt.
But, for a car guy, the best was her early 50's movie, "The Long Trailer", where she and Ricky buy a huge new camping trailer, and a new Mercury convertible to tow it, and then have a series of misadventures towing it across country. My parents saw the movie when it came out (long before I was born), and though we went camping every summer, Dad would not consider towing a camping trailer till the mid 70's, all because of his memories of that movie.

She was the greatest female comedian of our time.

Lucy dreamed of being a glamorus leading lady type actoress. The problem was so many other long legged babes were auditioning for those roles.
It wasn't until she took a small one sceen,2 line part as one of 3 dates in a episode of The Three Stooges that she realized there was another way to stay and play in the big apple.
Keeping her hair color bright red for the rest of her life showed her comitment.
I think a lot of people remain unempolyed or never know what they are good at because they aren't willing to try something different.
And for the record it's Vita-Meata-Vegamin.

I Love Lucy Complete theme song:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uxXAeulaTI"]‪I Love Lucy Theme Song‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Happy B Day Lucille Ball, R.I.P.

TMC had a movie from 1950 on when I got up today,I hung around cause of this thread.Thanks OC,I laughed my a$$ off.

-
Back