Lug pattern help.

-
I searched everywhere so if I missed it just point me to the link.

I bought a bitchin 8 3/4 rear end and installed it. I was so stoked I missed the fact that I have 14inch 5 lug rallye rims, and now they don't fit the 4 lug pattern obviously. I can't find 4 lug to 5 lug adapters anywhere online.

I don't have the money for new axles or used ones, so is there some kind of adapter\spacer thing that exsits so I can have matching rims all the way around and finally get this thing on huge road?

The car is pretty painful looking already with all the body work on it and the last thing I want to look at every day is different rims on the back than the ones on the front.

If you are looking for the adapter I think you are, my dad used a pair back in the 70s. He said they are dangerous. The lugs keep coming loose. I think that's why no one sells them & are hard to find. They are adapters to go from small bolt to big bolt. 4in. to 4.5in.

Why not just swap the front to small bolt pattern?

Just trade off the disc brake setup you have to someone with sbp drums

too bad there isn't a dual lug pattern wheel with the small and big pattern. I think if it were me Id just use the small bolt pattern wheel for now. I think you could find a larg bolt temporary spare that would not take up too much room. A pre 1971 B-body rear would be another option. [only slightly wider overall.]

I have a 66 Cuda with SBP/front LBP/rear. I carry 1 spare LBP tire and the 4 to 4.5 adapter if I need it to put LBP tire on rear. Works for me.

That actually sounds genius.. With the one adapter and all.. How much did that cost you? And where did you find it?

Looks like I'm searching out machine shops to drill the new pattern into the axles. And going with currie or something for some all pattern drums? Gonna call them tomorrow.

No shops near me. I'm in the high desert. (29 palms)

I plan on doing a rear disc kit later on so I don't wanna do anything costly to undo, just thinking about this car is exhausting.

Depends on which is cheaper. Although I always have said to myself to replace it with new top of the line stuff that I know won't break again. But money usually says otherwise.

I'm not sure if those are tapered for the a-body rear end? Didn't mention it unless I missed it.

I know that there's a tapered difference between a-body axles and others.

The most annoying thing is getting the wrong parts and playing tag with shipping.

I found the adapters on this website. He was just selling a couple and not the full set.

Currently got someone with the sbp rally's for sale. We'll see how it goes with shipping and how much he wants.

im in so cal, what are you going to do? i might be getting rid of me rally's soon/

Im just waiting on price and some pictures.. I'd rather drive and pick them up in person. But hes on the east coast.

Dimensions of your rally's?
I need 14" and small bolt pattern (5x4")

The sooner the better.

Where exactly in SoCal? I'm in 29palms, by the marine base and Joshua tree national park.

-
Back