Lunati Hydraulic FT Cam users..........

-
Oh really...and you can still hear the ticking of a hyd lifter collapsed...hit topic around here ironically...
That's a real pos sales pitch of which all of it is total bullshit. How many schmucks have come on hear with wasted cam lobes..all hydraulic too.

Like dude If you don't prefer a solid cam, that's fine, but don't try selling that crap.
Fastest cars use soild cams, slowest use hyd cams. Just like the old holley vs everything else... fastest cars use the holley design.
Jpar asked me specifically a question and I gave my answer. Like dude, I didn't ask you anything, nor did I try to sell you anything. Go blow your mouth up somebody else's alley

Jpar asked me specifically a question and I gave my answer. Like dude, I didn't ask you anything, nor did I try to sell you anything. Go blow your mouth up somebody else's alley
You made a blanket statement, blow yourself.
Go make some more seats of the pants dyno tests
Tell me how many cfm a socket flows, loud mouth.

You and j par can marry each other.

You made a blanket statement, blow yourself.
drown your tears in your beers. Never asked anything of you, never will. but you show up blowing your big drunken mouth. sluurrrrrp away...………. sad case. go get help

drown your tears in your beers. Never asked anything of you, never will. but you show up blowing your big drunken mouth. sluurrrrrp away...………. sad case. go get help
Youre drunk, it's a forum, idiot.
Now go make youtube videos on how to self felate.
Ignored, fixed.

Lmao same hyd cams he speaks on new cars are not even push rod, apples to oranges trying to compare 50+ yr old tech against 2020 dohc etc. 59 lifter angle too, right. You're arguing this would be just like...
BWAHAHAHAA ...... big ole' moparofficial doesn't even know the new hemi's are pushrod motors... :D :D thinks they are dohc... LOL

I'm pretty set on the microtrol lifters and the Lunati 703 cam. of course, things can always change. Thanks all :)
:thumbsup:

Quick question......

Which cam grinder makes their own HFT lifters?

None of them.

How many USA lifter manufacturers are there of Mopar HFT lifters?
To my knowledge.....2

How many of those are of the “affordable” variety?
Imo.....1

There’s Hylift Johnson(affordable), and these:

41AAECDE-640D-4EA5-BD67-10E0428ED281.png

Anything else you buy is imported.

Not all Hylift Johnson’s are the same.
There could be some minute differences based on customer requirements(the customer being the cam companies).

If you want them built the way the manufacturer prefers...... buy the “Hylift Johnson” branded lifters.

I have a set of Lunati Micro Trol lifters I bought in the mid-90’s.
I took one apart the other day to see what it had for internal valving....... so I could see if I could tell who made it.
When I bought those there were 3 USA manufacturers/suppliers of Mopar lifters. Hylift Johnson, Eaton, Stanadyne.
They all looked different inside.
My 90’s vintage Micro Trols are Eaton lifters.
In the early/mid-2000’s Eaton got out of the flat lifter business and sold the assets and customer list to Stanadyne.
Somewhere around 10 years or so ago they decided they wanted to get back into the FT lifter business....... so they bought out Morestana, a Mexican lifter manufacturer.
So, the current offering from Eaton is not the exact same product they were selling before they got out of the business.

Stanadyne got sold to an investment group, who decided they didn’t want the lifter manufacturing part of the company and sold it off.

For the most part....... there is one manufacturer left in the USA that still makes “affordable” lifters.

Last edited:
Quick question......

Which cam grinder makes their own HFT lifters?

None of them.

How many USA lifter manufacturers are there of Mopar HFT lifters?
To my knowledge.....2

How many of those are of the “affordable” variety?
Imo.....1
do you have a preference of lifter you like to use? *Edit - i see you edited and you like johnson. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a Lunatti 703 cam/lifters purchased for a 340 build I'm working on. I planned on using this combination. Hopefully, I won't have any issues. 65'

Imo, the Hylift Johnson B-2330S lifters are a good choice for a fast rate HFT cam.
Next would be the A-2011S.

You really want an adjustable valvetrain to use that style of lifter.

It would be interesting to take apart a current Lunati Micro Trol lifter to see what they’re using these days.

1CE093B5-A119-40D2-92F1-88990BDAAC99.png

Last edited:
Imo, the Hylift Johnson B-2330S lifters are a good choice for a fast rate HFT cam.
Next would be the A-2011S.

You really want an adjustable valvetrain to use that style of lifter.

It would be interesting to take apart a current Lunati Micro Trol lifter to see what they’re currently using.
so you would run the Hylift Johnson lifters with adjustable rockers ?

so you would run the Hylift Johnson lifters with adjustable rockers ?

Fast rate hyd cams are always a disappointment for me........ so I can’t imagine running one in anything I own.
They’re making good power..... then like a light switch, the motor is “done”.
Lifter issues.
(Look up MM “mild mannered mauler” from 2005. That’s what my experiences are like)

If I “had to” run a fast rate hyd cam in something....... that’s what I’d use for lifters.

Hylift Johnson has some good info on their website about the various types of lifter bleed rates.

I just avoid the drama and disappointment...... and run SFT cams instead.

Last edited:
Fast rate hyd cams for are always a disappointment for me........ so I can’t imagine running one in anything I own.
They’re making good power..... then like a light switch, the motor is “done”.
Lifter issues.
(Look up MM “mild mannered mauler” from 2005. That’s what my experiences are like)

If I “had to” run a fast rate hyd cam in something....... that’s what I’d use for lifters.

Hylift Johnson has some good info on their website about the various types of lifter bleed rates.
Honestly, I'm not a fast ramp cam fan myself. I've always stuck to old school cam grinds.

Honestly, I'm not a fast ramp cam fan myself. I've always stuck to old school cam grinds.

I did quite well with the old MP grinds when they were affordable. I would still run them, and be happy...

I don't need the newest bestest, but I am cheap.

things can always change. Thanks all :)
:thumbsup:
This isn't a good spot in my belief to get stuck in that mind frame of somebody told you you can't do it so you're going to do it anyways....
I still kick myself in the butt for selling my 273 rockers with banana groves and the comp lockdown adjusters..
I've got to say that statement that you wouldn't have to take the valve cover off for 10 years was about the lamest reason I've heard you spill out yet.
I understand you're trying to use what you have, but again you have bigger aspirations for the car as you've been laying out the groundwork for over a year now. You got the tires you got the heads you got the headers.... The heart and soul of any motor is the cam and how it operates... You know I'm no Pusher on Cyber spending people's money but for your intentions and your happiness a solid cam lifters and some simple 273 adjustable rockers because I know you like Factory stuff should be in the game plan... and remember I'm not daring you and telling you you can't do it with hydraulics to send you in the other direction....

I did quite well with the old MP grinds when they were affordable. I would still run them, and be happy...

I don't need the newest bestest, but I am cheap.
My cam is a purple performance hydraulic... And it's been ground twice since then and both times solid...

obviously...... they’re working for some people, otherwise they would be selling as well as they do.

They usually make good power up to the limiting rpm of the valvetrain...... which in most cases means......the lifters.

My experiences are that in most cases, the lifters give up before the motor has reached its “natural peak”(where the combo of parts would have peaked if the lifters has continued to function 100%).
I just don’t like the “mechanical rev limiter” situation I’ve experienced when using those cams.

This isn't a good spot in my belief to get stuck in that mind frame of somebody told you you can't do it so you're going to do it anyways....
I still kick myself in the butt for selling my 273 rockers with banana groves and the comp lockdown adjusters..
I've got to say that statement that you wouldn't have to take the valve cover off for 10 years was about the lamest reason I've heard you spill out yet.
I understand you're trying to use what you have, but again you have bigger aspirations for the car as you've been laying out the groundwork for over a year now. You got the tires you got the heads you got the headers.... The heart and soul of any motor is the cam and how it operates... You know I'm no Pusher on Cyber spending people's money but for your intentions and your happiness a solid cam lifters and some simple 273 adjustable rockers because I know you like Factory stuff should be in the game plan... and remember I'm not daring you and telling you you can't do it with hydraulics to send you in the other direction....
I love different perspectives. I don't do things to "despite others". LOL Insane! I do things to see for myself and only share them here on FABO or Youtube. Like the heads, I personally wanted to see what they would do in the situation I put them in, and it wasn't how the heads were designed to be used. Then people think i don't know any better. Those are the people that are clueless of my projects.

I love different perspectives. I don't do things to "despite others". LOL Insane! I do things to see for myself and only share them here on FABO or Youtube. Like the heads, I personally wanted to see what they would do in the situation I put them in, and it wasn't how the heads were designed to be used. Then people think i don't know any better. Those are the people that are clueless of my projects.
Well don't fool yourself I completely understand that...
Question... When you say experience for yourself when is the last time you had a solid lifter cam with adjustable rockers in an a body Mopar of your own?...

Question... When you say experience for yourself when is the last time you had a solid lifter cam with adjustable rockers in an a body Mopar of your own?...
The last solid lifter cam I had was in a B-body.
P.S. - and I may go solid, just weighing out the options

I would only buy the microtrols myself, we have set of usa made flat tappet hydraulic lifters in my buddys pontiac and it wont spin past 5k. We finally figured out its the dam lifters, they don't collapse but instead bleed down as rpm increases to the point they act like a flat cam and the engine breaks up. The cam is a lunati voodoo (241/249 @ .050) so its a bit aggressive but the lifters were bought from a reputable source and brand but they are crap, bleed down like crazy.

This is how it usually works out for me with fast rate HFT cams.
What brand and part number lifters are you using?

Another issue that often arises with HF lifters is, and it’s not even a fault of the lifters........ entrapped tiny air bubbles in the oil that diminish the ability of the lifter to function properly.
Some oils are just better at releasing entrapped air than others.

Solid lifters eliminate that as something that can affect valvetrain functionality.

Here’s a 360, pump gas, bowl blended J’s, small solid cam:

A45F27AD-6143-4281-B6C4-1279ABF65C0F.jpeg

The last solid lifter cam I had was in a B-body.
P.S. - and I may go solid, just weighing out the options
I understand the solid lifter idea is a little bit of a rabbit hole as you need the proper pushrods and definitely if you go 273 you want the aftermarket adjusters, but once it's all said and done the big "IF" of hydraulic lifters is long gone...
Worst case scenario you may have to buy a rev limiter....:thumbsup:...:D...

Actually, I've been toying with the thought of building a "wild child" 318 in the future. Means I'm "318willrun", I think it would be cool to build a wild roller cam 318 with SM heads.

Actually, I've been toying with the thought of building a "wild child" 318 in the future. Means I'm "318willrun", I think it would be cool to build a wild roller cam 318 with SM heads.
That's the best idea I've heard yet LOL
first thing that comes to my mind is going out to my shed and seeing if I still have a small block cor cam out there and taking it to Ken and having him grind it into the same Cam that I have and sending it to you and see if you can beat me with my own cam LOL...

-
Back