lunati roller cams

-

modart440

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Lunati roller cam specs are based on 1.5 or 1.6 rocker ratio? Looking at the 711 or the 712 grind. Going in a 5.9 Magnum with eddy heads 9.5 comp 727 with 2400 stall 4:10 gears. Looking for high 11's low 12's thinking the 711 grind might be a bit tame. Opinions please.

It's a retro-fit hydraulic roller..........1.5:1

60711? (20200715? New part number?)

That one appears by description to be for a LA.

The cam lifts are based on the engine there designed for. Few of there cams are Magnum designed cams.

Call them! My "Retro fit" (LOL) Hyd. roller was a short nose for a Magnum.
It took 2 months to argue and get my money back. The **** they came up with was amazing.

I don't know what I'm doing.
I Don't know how to install a cam.
I ordered the wrong cam.
I told them that this was the cam in there catalog they listed.

It went on and on with pictures and tracing who sold it to me and why got the wrong cam, blame blame blame blame...

Does anybody know if the Lunati roller cam specs are based on 1.5 or 1.6 rocker ratio? Looking at the 711 or the 712 grind. Going in a 5.9 Magnum with eddy heads 9.5 comp 727 with 2400 stall 4:10 gears. Looking for high 11's low 12's thinking the 711 grind might be a bit tame. Opinions please.
Retro-Fit Hydraulic Roller specs are 1.5 Talk with Justin at Lunati and get a custom grind. It costs about $25 more. I run [email protected] 108 LSA ICL 106 high 11s - low 12s

Good point on cam numbers. I was assuming the 20200711 & 712.

Good point on cam numbers. I was assuming the 20200711 & 712.
Yes sorry 20200712 & 711. Car has power brakes and is 95 % street driven. Yes these are the retrofit ones will confirm with Lunati tomorrow morning if they are long or short snout & rocker ratio with these cams.Anyone run either of these?

Again, I would call several cam grinders and get a cam ground for YOUR program. It will make more power, idle better...just do everything better.

The 712 I looked at don't have as fast a lobe as I thought it would. People talk about the Voodoo line like they are the fastest ramps out there. Not that faster ramps make more power, but that's all the rage nowadays.

You already have 4.10 gears. You don't have enough converter. That 712 is too small even for 360 inches. If you have more, it'll be worse.

My nickname is Mr. Sunshine. And Mr. Cucumber head.

And a few others that can't be mentioned in nice company.
Called Lunati there listed specs are based on 1.5 rockers as mentioned above. They are cast cores(so regular drive gear is ok) and they are long snout. Thanks for all the replies.

That may be incorrect since my "Retro fit" was a short snout and required a bronze gear..... so said Lunati.

You don't have enough converter..

x2

Are you going to have this engine dyno'd before it goes in the car? I'd wait until then to buy a new convertor.

If not, and you don't mind a little wrench work, chasis dyno it and then buy the convertor.

Or if it were mine I'd go with a tight 9-10" convertor with about a 3500 stall.

definitely call a reputable company. PTC, Dynamic, etc.

-
Back