Lunati VooDoo Question

-
It's toast. How many times do you need to read it?

I was just sharing my video along with pics... This avenue is new to me so it is a huge learning curve.. This is what this forum is for.

I appreciate your inputs RRR even though you come off real gruff...
Was not doubting your short curt posts....

I thank everyone here for there inputs..

:worthles:

Okay have a question for the xe268 owners... is this cam a fender shaker ?

I made an inquiry with xe262 owners and they say its great on idle... Wine glass on the dash idle :)

Thanks...
I want to hit the send button lol and order this cam...

If fender shakin is what you're after, I would go for something more than the 268, IMO.

thanks... the last cam I had was the 484/484 purple and it was aweful on idle.. Could never find a nice idle in Drive ....I did not want that again lol...

CrackedBack.. nice sounding :)

Thanks again fellows

The 484 is a lot bigger than most people think it is. I've seen people buy that one thinking it's much milder than the 508. It ain't. lol

The 484 is a lot bigger than most people think it is. I've seen people buy that one thinking it's much milder than the 508. It ain't. lol

YOU are 100% right ... Mopar told me the same thing.. It sounded real sweet but I did not like the idle in drive.. it was radical big time... Actually glad its coming out lol

I am so tossed up between the 268 and 262 ... I can get either kit with lifters at 159.00

"I" consider the 268 a minimum as a starting point for a non stock cam. I mean damn, the stock 340 grind is technically "bigger".

+1 for the Lunati 268 Voodoo bumpstick...

Edit: as long as your valvetrain supports it...

I'm running the 403 voodoo in a 408. Broke in on the stand but haven't felt it under foot yet. Very tame idle but I have a lot more cubes to soak up any duration. If you wiped a lobe it wouldn't be a bad idea to check your bearings. The debri from the lifter and lobe have run through your engine. Better to have to polish a crank and put fresh bearings in now than turn the crank later. Just a thought

Lobe is still there just wore a tad...but will do a inspection thanks for the reminder

If you put a new lifter in that hole, it wont make it through the brake in period. Cam and lifter MUST be replaced.
My vote is in the 268 duration range.

Well we are toning it right down... Ordered from Summit yesterday...
They matched Advance Auto's Price 159.99 for cam and lifter kit...

Xtreme EnergyGS=
Camshaft/Lifter Kit
Hyd Flat Tappet
1300-5600rpm
Adv.Dur. 262 Int./270 Exh.
V.Lift .462 Int./.470 Exh.
Lobe 110 deg

I am building a 340 right now and am strongly leaning toward that Voodoo cam 10200703 268/276 .493/.513 lift... Will take your advice..Thanks Wayne

"I" consider the 268 a minimum as a starting point for a non stock cam. I mean damn, the stock 340 grind is technically "bigger".
what was the stock 340 grind?
This cam is 268/276 .494/.513 lift and 110/106 lobe separation.
226/234 @ .050
:banghead:

340 except the 68 340 4 speed grind.

268/276 .429/.441

208-210 int 216-220 ex at .050

Finally time to pull out the cam to install new one. You guys mentioned to inspect the bearings.

All of them feel and look fine but one..

This one has some pitting on the lower surface. The actual cam shaft part looks fine.

Here is a few snaps of the bearing in question.

Does it need to be replaced

EDIT;

I looked on google for pics of worn bearings.. well I want to order new bearings for the 340 block...

Okay what should I order and from where. I found some at summit but just don't know the product names..

so looking for your advice where to get em....

thanks again everyone

Attachments

• 20140628_155637.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 20140628_155714.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 295
Replace them, that ^^ looks like toast to me. I would not even consider running it myself.

Yeah that one's pretty rough alright.

You should replace them!...........But, you need to remove the motor, buy the tool or have a machine shop replace them for you.

When i found that out, with my first 318 cam swap, and mine were not any better. i just thru in the new cam and lifter. as i was building a new motor any ways.

Ran for a year before i pulled it for the new motor.

I'm not recommending it! just saying that i have done it. It was a mopar 260* something degree cam and around .430/450 lift(Yeah, milder cam them yours.

Motor is coming out and off to the machine shop... will inspect Crank Bearing too etc.............

-
Back