Lunati VooDoo Question

-
once you're pulling it out might as well do it right , save you time and money in the long run .

Good luck .

yes... also inspecting bottom end too... changing freeze plugs ... new motor mounts and I ordered new headers.... since it out doing it right :)

Got the 340 home... new cam bearings installed and cam/lifters. Bought new pushrods and new frost plugs installed.
Bottom end checked out fine. All bearing looked great and the oil pump was good aswell. Flushed all the oil gallies too.

I'm putting it back together this week and giving a new RED paint job to it.

Cam is installed to TDC 12 & 6 on cyl #6... I will rotate to TDC 12 & 12 on the gears and set for #1 and drop in Dist.

New Dougs and mini starter going in too.

Once installed its break in time !!!!

Hope to have it ready for the weekend..

So excited ... let the fun begin

Well between work and putting this motor back together and installed , today we finally got it broke in.

XE262H comp cam
New Dougs headers
Break In - 2000-2400 RPM 30 duration

As far as I can tell all went just great. I did hear a sound coming from the Distributor area so will investigate that later on. I have the car booked to get the exhaust rehooked up to the headers. Now that they are a different height I cannot bolt up to them...

Dumped old oil and filter and New Filter and Royal Purple Oil installed..

Needs tuned and timed for new cam. But for now it runs .. I sure notice a lot of difference in the sound from the headers. The old ones were so thin...

I filtered the sound so she is not so loud.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fuwWBR672s"]YouTube[/ame]

Yes the red paint. That will fix it.

Mopar Red to be exact :)

$(KGrHqZHJCwE9!Vqql6qBPccGl)wVg~~60_12.JPG

Just wondering, when you change your oil have you been adding a bottle of
Zink additive? If not, that could have caused it.

Just wondering, when you change your oil have you been adding a bottle of
Zink additive? If not, that could have caused it.

Been using Royal Purple with zinc for sometime now. I think that lobe just gave up...

But a good question. Hard to say what was being used before I bought it back in 2011.

Now we have a fresh start.

Got the exhaust hooked up today and I set the timing up. Now I need the carb set...

Nice. So how did the idle turn out for you?

Very nice :)

It is great to sit in the drivers seat and not have fender shake.

The XE262 is a lot tamer so it will be some getting use too.

However she takes off just fine.

:cheers:

Want to thank everyone for there assistance.

Pleased to say all is fine and did our first local car show... next up is Mopar Fest 2014 in New Hamburg Ontario

In the photo is our Dart and my friends awesome Charger...

Attachments

• 10606031_10152601402830450_2687250981474149234_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 157
-
Back