Lunati Voodoo Roller Rocker Arms

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
No mopar offerings!!!:angry7:

Heres the blah blah from Lunati on them;

Lunati Voodoo roller rockers are the toughest around--over 100,000 miles of high-rev engine testing proves it. Crafted from certified aircraft-quality, heat-treated aluminum, they're matched to massive, precision-ground trunnions for superior durability, and optimized rocker arm geometry evenly distributes the load for maximum strength. Voodoo rocker arms also utilize oversized needle roller bearings--the biggest in the business--for better load distribution and longer service life. Finally, they're black anodized and the distinctive Voodoo logo is laser-etched on--you'll want to leave your valve covers off!

I thought it's better to have many small needle bearings to provide better load support?

I don't see needle bearings a plus on our engines at a low performance level. If I was racing, things may be different.

Also, they offer rockers for the stud mounted S/B Chevy, which we can use on the Magnum heads.
No shaft rockers.

Go to Comp, Harland Sharp etc......

I don't see needle bearings a plus on our engines at a low performance level. If I was racing, things may be different.

Also, they offer rockers for the stud mounted S/B Chevy, which we can use on the Magnum heads.
No shaft rockers.

Go to Comp, Harland Sharp etc......

Question on those small chev rockers on a magnum....can they be run with the stock size bolts or do you have to drill and tap for a larger size???If it won't cost a small fortune I would like to try them on mine..

It's always wise to use a bigger bolt,but I think it's likely they will bolt right up. Any other brand of chevy roller rocker bolts to a mag.

I looked around some places. When using the chevy rockers without the larger diameter mounting stud they described the conversion as suspect at best. They said the rockers wallowed all over the place. Their solution was to use Olds guide plates and larger studs that it worked better. By the time you get the guide plates, drill and tap the heads, buy the studs, and buy the rockers it seems that it is a lot of expense and frigging to gain 10-15 horsepower I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Hughes magnum rockers.

If they perform like their "voodoo" cams,they're another winner..

Question on those small chev rockers on a magnum....can they be run with the stock size bolts or do you have to drill and tap for a larger size???If it won't cost a small fortune I would like to try them on mine..
I forget exactly. Since I have only read up on this and not exactly done research as if I was going to do this myself.

I looked around some places. When using the chevy rockers without the larger diameter mounting stud they described the conversion as suspect at best. They said the rockers wallowed all over the place. Their solution was to use Olds guide plates and larger studs that it worked better. By the time you get the guide plates, drill and tap the heads, buy the studs, and buy the rockers it seems that it is a lot of expense and frigging to gain 10-15 horsepower I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Hughes magnum rockers.

The "In BOLD" above in your quote, who is they? And where did you read this? I'd like to gain some knowledge here. Olds guide plates? Interesting, very interesting.

On a counter note, inexpensive roller rockers for the shaft mounted "LA" heads would be more money than getting the mods done to have the Chevy styled rockers beefed up and working right/best.

Huges engines has a set for $450.

A while back, my Comp Cam roller rockers were $300

Whats the cost of the girdle? Any mod to it to work? Drilling and tapping the head for a larger stud? Shhhhhhhhhheeeeezzzzzz-it! My daughter (16) can do that!

I forget exactly. Since I have only read up on this and not exactly done research as if I was going to do this myself.

The "In BOLD" above in your quote, who is they? And where did you read this? I'd like to gain some knowledge here. Olds guide plates? Interesting, very interesting. Do tell!

On a counter note, inexpensive roller rockers for the shaft mounted "LA" heads would be more money than getting the mods done to have the Chevy styled rockers beefed up and working right/best.Yup,Mopar inflation is at work here.

Huges engines has a set for $450.

A while back, my Comp Cam roller rockers were $300 Inflation has run rampant for about 20 years IHO.

Whats the cost of the girdle? Any mod to it to work? Drilling and tapping the head for a larger stud? Shhhhhhhhhheeeeezzzzzz-it! My daughter (16) can do that!
Ya pretty easy peezy allright.

-
Back