Not open for further replies.

jimharvard

JimHarvard
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
looking to buy a M-Code fastback in any condition to complete my barracuda collection. pennsylvania requires titles for all autos and trucks so the car needs to come with a title. if there are title issues i may be able to solve those problems.

immediate cash payment. i am a sincere mopar nut and this vehicle would go to a very good home. i want this car for my personal collection, NOT for resale or flipping!! i would also consider paying a finders' fee to anyone who helps me find this car.

thanks...
James L. Coster, Esquire
Pittsburgh, PA

I have one i'd probably let go. I run the '69 M-code registry and this car is 1 of only 5 white FB's known rite now. 1 of 4 white/black. I'm into notches but had to have the white FB at the time! I think a FB in white with black interior and the black stripes of the 'cuda package is amazing looking........... PM me if interested.

might know of two, I'll find out if there still available

might know of two, I'll find out if there still available

Hi, can u let me know about the 2 u know of??? Would love to add them to the registry if not already in it. Rite now I have about 108 cars!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, can u let me know about the 2 u know of??? Would love to add them to the registry if not already in it. Rite now I have about 108 cars!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently they are in the registry...

hey bbdave,

just a follow-up to the private message i sent to you. did you get it? send me another message here if you didn't ...
thanks. jim coster

hi oklacarcolletor...

i would be willing to pay someone a finders' fee of $500 for helping me find a m-code fastback barracuda under the following conditions:
1. i have to actually purchase the car. information about cars that are so rusty they are beyond saving or which the owner wants an excessive price do not count.
2. ideally, i am looking for a rolling chassis with no drive train that may require a lot of body work EXCEPT work on chassis frame rails, suspension and/or torque boxes. i am willing to consider any car that does not require extensive chassis repair.
3. i have seen several fastbacks with no drive trains and "repairable" bodies over the last three years for between $5-15k. i tried to get one of these cars but missed the two i was most interested in.
4. labor and materials for a complete restoration of a "rough" car currently runs between $35-50k not counting the cost of the car. unfortunately, the sales market for m-codes is also less than other collector cars ranging from $45-70k. so i don't think my desired sales' price is too far out of line.

drop me a line if you have some information on a car.
jim c

Why are not buying BB-Dave M code numbers matching motor and trans 'cuda?
Thats a deal for 15,000.00 firm

davescuda...

funny you should write that comment. i just finished sending BB-Dave a PM about his car. i think he's mad at me but maybe we can begin talkiing agin.

hi davescuda,

i sent bb-dave a pm but i haven't heard from him yet. if you have his phone number or know how to get in touch with him could you send me a PM?

thanks.
jim coster, pittsburgh, pa

davescuda...

funny you should write that comment. i just finished sending BB-Dave a PM about his car. i think he's mad at me but maybe we can begin talkiing agin.

Dang he offered it up in post #3 . Get the wallet out .

Ya 'll must have an issue , BB-Dave seems like a pretty good fella to me.

hey 69383..

well what can i say, i'm sure i was the "***" in the discussions. lawyers seem to default to that mode without thinking and i often get that way during phone conversations with opposing attorneys (and sometimes my clients). when i'm acting jerky around the house, my wife asks me if i'm in "*** mode" ... and if i say yes, then she says that she will just ignore me for a while.

at any rate, i hope i can renew discussions with bb-dave.

hi oklacarcolletor...

i would be willing to pay someone a finders' fee of $500 for helping me find a m-code fastback barracuda under the following conditions:
1. i have to actually purchase the car. information about cars that are so rusty they are beyond saving or which the owner wants an excessive price do not count.
2. ideally, i am looking for a rolling chassis with no drive train that may require a lot of body work EXCEPT work on chassis frame rails, suspension and/or torque boxes. i am willing to consider any car that does not require extensive chassis repair.
3. i have seen several fastbacks with no drive trains and "repairable" bodies over the last three years for between $5-15k. i tried to get one of these cars but missed the two i was most interested in.
4. labor and materials for a complete restoration of a "rough" car currently runs between $35-50k not counting the cost of the car. unfortunately, the sales market for m-codes is also less than other collector cars ranging from $45-70k. so i don't think my desired sales' price is too far out of line.

drop me a line if you have some information on a car.
jim c

With all those conditions, it doesn't sound like it would be worth my time or expense to go hunting for the M code Barracuda that I was told about a while back. Good luck on your search.

With all those conditions, it doesn't sound like it would be worth my time or expense to go hunting for the M code Barracuda that I was told about a while back. Good luck on your search.

I think those conditions are not out of line, $500.00 seems like a fair offer for a finders fee. I had a gentleman lead me to my M Code Dart and said I would pay a finders fee, and of course that was if i bought it, i did buy it and I paid, even though he said it was not necessary.

I though we were in a hobby where we try to help each other, that includes that you are also helping the seller and the buyer, is the seller willing to pay you a selling fee?

I was in a similar sittuation were I knew of a 68 Charger for sale and an auto restoration shop had a customer looking for a car like this, I told them I would let them know where a 68 was and they agreed to pay me a $500.00 fee, after they bought it they stiffed me, guess I learned a lesson about some peoples character, I make sure that all the locals know how he runs his shop and his ethics, word of mouth will either help you or hurt you. Just my 2cents.

so oklacarcollector....

what do you think are fair conditions for someone helping me find a m-code? i understand people's time is valuable and i would not want to waste my time for someone on some wild goose chase. however, i can't pay for plane tickets or hotel rooms or other large expenses just "on the hope" that the car would be desirable.

so, again, you tell me what you had in mind as fair....

jim c.

so oklacarcollector....

what do you think are fair conditions for someone helping me find a m-code? i understand people's time is valuable and i would not want to waste my time for someone on some wild goose chase. however, i can't pay for plane tickets or hotel rooms or other large expenses just "on the hope" that the car would be desirable.

so, again, you tell me what you had in mind as fair....

jim c.

I understand what you are saying but it just isn't worth my time doing all the leg work, getting contact information, verifying condition/numbers and taking detailed pictures for a bunch of ifs. When I am in the area that the car is in again, I will locate it and try to buy it. I messed up not buying it the first time when he offered it to me. Luckily it is tucked away in a little sleepy community where there is a real good chance that no one will ever find it and the owner isn't on the computer so I might be able to get it bought/traded for. He is a GM guy and I am setting on a few things that he would want.

I know where a genuine M Code 69 fastback is sitting. The owner is going to "fix it up" one day, which I'd bet will never happen. He's owned it since 76 when his Dad bought it for him. The owner told me it's in a M Code registry

I know where a genuine M Code 69 fastback is sitting. The owner is going to "fix it up" one day, which I'd bet will never happen. He's owned it since 76 when his Dad bought it for him. The owner told me it's in a M Code registry

I've run the M-'cuda registry for the past 6-8 years. I'll have to look, is it in VA.? I will not divulge any info.
Dave

hi oklacarcolletor...

Jim, your better off buying a decent shell, that doesn't require much body work by paying more for it up front then the next buyer. You missed 2 already you say and I don't know what conditions they were in, but I would pay more than someone else for the clean start. Having said that, 25K for a solid non #'s car, missing hard parts, well I'm crazy, but not ready to be committed. good luck with your hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back