M1 or Super victor

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Having a 408 assembled W/Indy prepped edelbrocks, and want your opinions on intakes. Use a Mopar M1 or An Edelbrock super victor? the Edelbrock costs quite a bit more at around 350.00, and a Mopar can be found for around 200.00. Carb also, will be a Quick fuel, or a Holley HP

How about a little more back round to the engine/drivetrain and intended usegae, though I think I get the picture preety well.

FYI, IMO, from what I have seen/noticed and heard first hand, the Edel. should give more top end pop over the M-1 which does really well in the torque dept.

The M-1 also could use some help inside the plenum.

How about a little more back round to the engine/drivetrain and intended usegae, though I think I get the picture preety well.

FYI, IMO, from what I have seen/noticed and heard first hand, the Edel. should give more top end pop over the M-1 which does really well in the torque dept.

The M-1 also could use some help inside the plenum.
well, right or wrong im pretty much listening to the advise of the engine builder for internal parts (Best Machine, detroit Mi). The car, 69 swinger will be 80% strip, 727(no converter yet, but was told i need to go pretty loose) auto 410 gear. custom grind solid flat tappet cam, forged crank, H beams. 1.75 hookers.

I'd follow there advice and not think twice.

Hey Best Machine is a great shop,tell Chuck i said hi!..he did my Edelbrock heads for me..as for intake i myself will be trying the victor 340 this upcoming season,i did'nt know they made a super victor for the smallblock Mopar:read2:and as for your converter give Lenny at Ultmate Converters a call you'll be hard pressed to find someone better:-D:-D

Hey Best Machine is a great shop,tell Chuck i said hi!..he did my Edelbrock heads for me..as for intake i myself will be trying the victor 340 this upcoming season,i did'nt know they made a super victor for the smallblock Mopar:read2:and as for your converter give Lenny at Ultmate Converters a call you'll be hard pressed to find someone better:-D:-D
I have been dealing with pete so far, and he said he would source the converter for me. he also said he has a transmission shop that he usually deals with. Im trying to concentrate on the motor first, and get all the parts, then ill move on to the transmission. Jegs shows a mopar super victor as part #350-2815 for $335.00

Buy the super victor,its a better intake for your setup considering its mostly race.

-
Back