M1 or victor intake ??

-
I've never ran a M1 so I can't comment on them. I do have a Victor and IMO it's a good intake but it takes work to make it good. On mine the core shift was awful so it took several hours to port match the intake to the heads. Another good single plane intake is a Weiand X-Cellerator.

I have an M1 for sale if interested. I might consider a trade on the RPM also let me know if you're interested.
m1.jpg
m13.jpg

I have an M1 for sale if interested. I might consider a trade on the RPM also let me know if you're interested.
List it in the for sale forum and/or send a PM to who you *think* may want it.

Has anyone done an A-B test of a 340 Victor vs Holley Strip Dominator? My 340 stroked to a 431 is finished @ the machine shop with the Victor on it. I have the Holley intake too and plan to do a test with both once it's up and running.
My combo is a Bloomer kit,12.25 compression,max ported Eddy heads,not big mouth,Lunati roller cam 255/263 @ .50 626/626 lift
TTI 1 7/8 headers 8" Turbo Action converter,trans brake, 4.30 Dana.
Thinking of testing some carb spacers as well on both intakes.
Hope someone has already done all the swapping and save me the time. lol
New to all this small block stuff,always been a big block guy.
Thanks

I have not tested those intakes back to back. But I think that the track will provide the best place to test & have fun while your doing it.

Wasting time swapping intakes for testing?
Not in my book. That's where the fun begins!

Guess being a big block guy all my life,swapping these small block intakes just takes alot more time and more of a pain. Plus the distributor is in the wrong end lol.

Well, LMAO, I do see what your saying. Just drain some coolent and start in with the bolts. Bam! Straight up and out!

Has anyone done an A-B test of a 340 Victor vs Holley Strip Dominator? My 340 stroked to a 431 is finished @ the machine shop with the Victor on it. I have the Holley intake too and plan to do a test with both once it's up and running.
My combo is a Bloomer kit,12.25 compression,max ported Eddy heads,not big mouth,Lunati roller cam 255/263 @ .50 626/626 lift
TTI 1 7/8 headers 8" Turbo Action converter,trans brake, 4.30 Dana.
Thinking of testing some carb spacers as well on both intakes.
Hope someone has already done all the swapping and save me the time. lol
New to all this small block stuff,always been a big block guy.
Thanks

The plenum s a bit small for much over 350 inches at 7000 on the SD. Don't remember how the victor is OOTB.

If you weld and grind the SD it will be better than the victor every time. For that many inches, you need to weld a bunch on either intake and then grind a bunch.

and what if you grind and weld on the victor? and what are we grinding and welding?.....

and what if you grind and weld on the victor? and what are we grinding and welding?.....

Honestly, I never loved the victor like some guys did and do. Dave Hughes and I have had some long conversations on both intakes and we can't change each other's minds.

On the SD I weld the carb pad and reshape it. Then you have to find the volume somewhere. So you weld up the ends and sides of the plenum. And tops of the runners where they meet the plenum.

Did you go to yellowbullet and into the uratchco forum and click on the show me you carb and intakes or whatever it is and look around, you'll see the fast guys modify the hell out of intakes. They ain't doing it for fun.

This is a bracket car,not really looking for highest hp I can get.
Really just want it consistent. I know working the intake can help there too so I guess it will just come down to A-B testing.
I'll be starting out with the Victor. I'm thinking either intake could use at least a 1" spacer. Any thoughts on that?

Guess being a big block guy all my life,swapping these small block intakes just takes alot more time and more of a pain. Plus the distributor is in the wrong end lol.
in my opinion, the plugs are in the wrong place on both engines !! lol

Yes, they should have made only a HEMI and never anything else.

LMAO

Really just want it consistent. I know working the intake can help there too so I guess it will just come down to A-B testing.
I'll be starting out with the Victor. I'm thinking either intake could use at least a 1" spacer. Any thoughts on that?

Check your port alignment, mine was horrible.

I'd say BOTH will use as much spacer as you can give them, with benefits going down after you hit two inches of spacer.

Thanks for all the info Yellow Rose. The shop did correct the port alignment. I saw before and after,this one wasn't off all that far at the start. Guess I got lucky.
Lots of smart guys on here with known info. Really helps a small block newbie.

Thanks for all the info Yellow Rose. The shop did correct the port alignment. I saw before and after,this one wasn't off all that far at the start. Guess I got lucky.
Lots of smart guys on here with known info. Really helps a small block newbie.
I sold a new victor (R/B) a while back because of my filter -scoop clearance. had it setting on the engine back then, and the port alignment was near perfect on a set of raised, standard port, cnc heads.

-
Back