m1 sm. block dyno test

-

35regal

Reaction score
does anybody have a link to a m1 intake comparisson for a small block?

does anybody have a link to a m1 intake comparisson for a small block?
I don,t have a link,but my builder did a comparison on the flow bench against the RPM Air-gap(not the jap one)and the M1 flowed better.I,m using the M1 on my 408.:read2:

not the M1 in there but the holley strip dominator which the M1 was copyed after, i am just about done port matching and working the plenum on a strip dominator that is a spread bore, going to replace my torker II with it, by the looks of the test between the torker II and HSD, the strip dominator should walk away from the torker after it has been modified, the SD needs a ton of material removed from the ports to gasket match, also i had to use a mill to knock out a ton of material from the plenum area to match the T-quad gasket. BTW if someone can chime in on the modified HSD flow before and after if someone on here has done this before . heres a link to a sb manifold test http://moparmuscle.automotive.com/125289/mopp-0108-dyno-testing-small-block-intakes/index.html

I don,t have a link,but my builder did a comparison on the flow bench against the RPM Air-gap(not the jap one)and the M1 flowed better.I,m using the M1 on my 408.:read2:

Yeah, I did the same test on these RHS heads and even though the rpm intake flows less, it'll make more tq everywhere and in most cases it'll make the same or more HP as well...even at Peak!
Our testing was with rpm air gap vs. a super victor and the SV outflowed it big time but the rpm air gap made more power on our 410 than the SV...even at Peak!!!!
I compared our data to MadDart's data and I think if Louis had an air gap on his engine it would have made more TQ and the same HP.

Our test was unported intakes and unported heads. So porting the air gap would add even more power.

Not really a fair comparison dual plane vs single plane..all depends on your combo too,i use the air gap and have run better numbers then guys using the m1 with similar set ups...

-
Back