M1, Super Victor or ???

-

HemiTM

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a new intake mainfold for my 360 build we just completed.

Here`s whats in it:
KB191 30 over
12.5 to 1
Comp Cam XE285HL
J Heads 1.94 / 1.65 valves
3500 stall

Any suggestions?

I'd run the M-1 single plane. The cam is mild and the head has small valves.

I like the M1 also. A Holley Strip Dominator would be about the same. If your looking for a used bargain i'll throw out the Torker II, although it's not real popular, if you could pick one up cheap it might be pretty decent with your combo.

I have a M1 on my 71 Demon...and it runs fine...I know there are some people who do not like them...

I am putting together a 360 Duster for bracket racing and I was probably going to use the Eddy Air Gap on it ...I want to do some intake manifold testing (M1, Air Gap, Holley SD) with that car but it will not happen until next summer.

The single plane loose to the RPM below 3500 or so. Build dependent/cam profs plays a roll.
For a single plane to work well, it'll be best with a lot of converter, gear and cam at the track or just simply one hell of a build. One where you could care less about the bott end torque.

What's the difference between the Super victor and the Victor 340? or are they the same?

RPM Air Gap. Especially with a relatively low stall converter. Been down this road many times, dyno and track.

I have the M1 on my stroker and it works great and on your setup it would be a better choice in my opion.

Super victor is supposed to be way more better on top end than a victor 340. For that build you prolly would be better off with a RPM air gap. I want one for my 416 that will be hosting a 260* with 625 lift solid roller voodoo IF it will fit under a fish flat hood. Love the low end torque of the RPM air gap and it looks like they really don't give up much over 5000 RPM either compared to the 340 victor.

Brings up the question, will a RPM airgap with a Holly fit under one with a drop base aircleaner? I tried one of those aircleaner bases before and it would not clear my mechanical kickdown linkage.

-
Back