M1 to Air gap

-

rvh072

Reaction score
Took the Charger out today, Shocked when the misses says to me at a red light. She's running like a dream. I suppose all good things come to those who wait!

i went from a m1 dp -to a ag.throttle response seemed better,mid to top end was greatly improved.it was a good swap for me.warm up takes a little longer in cooler weather.

i went from a m1 dp -to a ag.throttle response seemed better,mid to top end was greatly improved.it was a good swap for me.warm up takes a little longer in cooler weather.

what engine ??

Engine is 360 30th Speed pro flat tops.mopar 284 484 purple shaft. prepped eddy heads by hughes engines 750dp. Air gap now
Havn't had a chance to race it yet. And on the street is probably a waste of time due to wheel spin. However since i've made the change it does seem to have a lot more low down on the street and behaves more. I have previously made changes to the carb 50cc pump and jetting may now go back as the only negative is it seems to be getting too much fuel. I will keep everyone up to date, We don't have much racing in Adelaide ATM.

Air gap is the best dual plane out there...so its not surprising your car has more power then an M1..magazine article a few years back it even out-flowed the M1 single plane..

Timing profile, initial and total, will make a big difference if it's not optimum right now.

Love my RPM-AG. It replaced the single plane on top for more bottom end and no top end loss.

Hmmm, interesting. I have an AG on my Duster right now, and was going to put a single plane M1 on it. If it's going to cause a loss down low, and no gain top end, maybe I won't.

Yea bro, don't do it.
If your going to race the car, and ignore the low rpm range, 3500 and down because you launch the car from there, then I'd say it could be a wash since I really didn't notice a HP loose up top.

The M1 single plane is a good intake. Works even better with plenum and carb entry mods. Use it for racing. Otherwise, stick with the RPM. We have some members here that run pretty quick with the RPM. Look up Flyfish. He is a good example pulling his wheels off the ground.

410 stroker, e85, street legal, current bests, 1.43 60', 6.67 @ 102.1 mph in the 1/8, 10.54 @ 125.6 mph in the 1/4.

Hmmm, interesting. I have an AG on my Duster right now, and was going to put a single plane M1 on it. If it's going to cause a loss down low, and no gain top end, maybe I won't.

OP is saying he had an M1 Dual Plane...........

I have an M1 Single Plane on mine now. Thing is to make it work good you need to knock down the plenum at the entry and smooth it out into the runners. Brian at IMM did mine. He flowed it as well after it was done. It kicks the Air Gaps ***!. Lol

I have an M1 Single Plane on mine now. Thing is to make it work good you need to knock down the plenum at the entry and smooth it out into the runners. Brian at IMM did mine. He flowed it as well after it was done. It kicks the Air Gaps ***!. Lol

I guess I need to take a detour through Indio one of these days. I've had the M1 laying around for a couple years now, but wanted to get everything dialed in before I started changing things. Being away from home all week makes it hard to get anything done.

I mentioned my experiance with the M1 single. That's where I think his comment comes in.

The op has a M1 dual plane. It is a aluminum copy of an older OE intake. It's not a bad intake. The RPM is just much superior.

And as I said, once you modify the M1 single plane, it is REALLY a very good intake. The spreadbore design is done to meet certain issues with racing catogories. Running the stock carb (A TQ) as well as helping the street guy reuse his TQ carb with ease. No adapters required.
The TQ and M1 single are a good high end combo.

The OP's M1 dual plane and possible reuse of the OE carb (AFB or AVS) with the choke well to make it easy work very well. But with the advent of the RPM, it's best suited to stock and very mild cam changes. It'll work great, like stock....

I guess I need to take a detour through Indio one of these days. I've had the M1 laying around for a couple years now, but wanted to get everything dialed in before I started changing things. Being away from home all week makes it hard to get anything done.

Yeah I hear that. Work is crazy for me as well. My car is pretty much all done now with the cage and Ladder Bar. No more projects for me at least for a while!

I chose the M1 because of the NOS..... Lol, I still would have chose it. I revv my stuff to the moon! haaa

Yeah I hear that. Work is crazy for me as well. My car is pretty much all done now with the cage and Ladder Bar. No more projects for me at least for a while!

I chose the M1 because of the NOS..... Lol, I still would have chose it. I revv my stuff to the moon! haaa

I'm eventually going to have to get with you to see how to set up a NOS system. Been contemplating it, but need to get other stuff done first, like a cage, seat, & harness so I can be legal.

Your converter and roller cam may have a little to do with that. :)

An M1 will kill Physhy's 60'. It may MPH the same but it will be slower is my guess. Ask UOP what an M1 did to his RX7.

OP had a single plane. Another poster was running a m1 DP.

Just ran a best of all time 11.96 @112.9. With the air gap. I've always ran the m1 single plane. I just renctly got a handle on the tune ,so I've been tempted
to put the m1 back and see if it would run the same

360. Kb I think the 191s. Around 10.5
340x heads port work. I think I did it right been a long time ago
1 7/8 headers dynamic converter. Which was the best money spent
4.10 gear. 727 trans. Just ran that this past Saturday. Was supper surprised

Your converter and roller cam may have a little to do with that. :)

An M1 will kill Physhy's 60'. It may MPH the same but it will be slower is my guess. Ask UOP what an M1 did to his RX7.

OP had a single plane. Another poster was running a m1 DP.

Lol... I confused Post #5 on the M1 DP.

I am just talking **** as usual. My car does run pretty good for a little 9:1 motor though. It helped a lot swapping the gears to 4.30's...... It comes on like a Raped Ape, especially on the Hit!

Was watching Street Outlaws. That guy with the Rx7 or whatever it was said he was running Pump Gas Small Block with 2 stages of NOS.......... If that is true he almost took out a top dog, lost by a fender! Lol.... and YES I know the show is rigged! haaaa

Lol... I confused Post #5 on the M1 DP.

I am just talking **** as usual. My car does run pretty good for a little 9:1 motor though. It helped a lot swapping the gears to 4.30's...... It comes on like a Raped Ape, especially on the Hit!

Was watching Street Outlaws. That guy with the Rx7 or whatever it was said he was running Pump Gas Small Block with 2 stages of NOS.......... If that is true he almost took out a top dog, lost by a fender! Lol.... and YES I know the show is rigged! haaaa

Really? You mean they don't really take 10 light units and all the other stuff that's out there out on a wide street and race without anyone catching them?

In a couple scenes, I've seen the police barricade lights off in the distance, but they are usually pretty careful to keep that edited out.

You allways and only loose by a fender around here unless the winning driver doesn't want to make a lot of money later or the other car broke.

LMAO

The switch from an AG to M1sp netted me a loss of 2 tenths, with all the loss happening in the 60 ft. Mph was the same. I tried everything I could think of (jetting, timing, pump shot, stall rpm, everything) and could never overcome the torque loss. The only reason for the switch was for a planned turbo build, but after the switch I decided I'd rather keep it n/a for consistency (I bracket race a lot).

Also, White boy's 240z is bad ***. I've seen that car multiple times in person. Tube chassis and very light weight. He was king around here for quite a while.

-
Back